Comments on Profile Post by SpicyNoodleStudios

1. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    :< ehh.... not necessarily. This is one of those things that seems like it *should* work that way, but some people are just awful no matter how good you are to them.
    Oct 22, 2019
    SpicyNoodleStudios likes this.
  2. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    I think the point is that unkind people will not bring out the good in anyone, rather than kind people bringing out the good im absolutely everyone
    Oct 22, 2019
    PixelHeart likes this.
  3. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    or maybe that good people will bring out the people, but not like, every single person...
    Oct 22, 2019
    PixelHeart likes this.
  4. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    omg not bring them out like they are hidden but like bring out the good in them
    Oct 22, 2019
    PixelHeart likes this.
  5. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    There is some truth to this, on my good days I've been able to bring out the good in people who, in that moment would commonly get labeled as bad. I've had an ex con threaten to kill me and put me in his trunk, and then had him crying in my arms 5 minutes later. But we don't always have good days :/
    Oct 22, 2019
    PixelHeart likes this.
  6. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    On a bad day I would have fought him, and uh....he was HUGE. Pretty sure I'd have gotten whooped! Doing good isn't always easy, though. Life gets hard for people, sometimes single days are notably difficult. Sometimes you just catch the wrong person at the wrong moment
    Oct 22, 2019
    PixelHeart likes this.
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    It also depends on the nature of 'goodness' itself. Are they really good people, or do they simply think of themselves as good? Are their actions truly good, or do they cause more harm and complications than what existed before?
    Oct 22, 2019
    standardplayer likes this.
  8. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Sometimes a smile from a stranger can make you smile, but at other times it pisses you off. Sometimes someone trying to be kind or charitable is appreciated, but at other times it's seen as insulting to the recipient. I don't try to be good, because I don't believe good exists. I do, however, try to treat others as I wish to be treated. Is that good? I think that largely comes down to a matter of perspective.
    Oct 22, 2019
  9. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I do agree with you @The Stranger, I know good isn't the word, but I think it's in the quote because it's easy to say. The concise version is less quotable for sure. But let me replace the concept of 'good' with 'showing love', but that could get confusing, too. Have a heart. Be empathetic. I dunno (this is why people revert to the word good XD )
    Oct 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  10. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @standardplayer No problem with people being kind to one another. :) I think it's just the way I interpret the word 'good'. To me, it either means something beneficial, or something judged to be morally correct; both of which are fairly subjective. I like 'showing love' much more, since it makes me think of compassion.
    Oct 22, 2019
  11. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I know what you mean. A lot of times the word 'good' ends up reflecting the user's personal beliefs, like religion, or just anything that is too singular to apply across the board. Most stuff just isn't fair to apply blindly.
    Oct 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  12. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    I used to treat others the way I was okay with being treated. If people don't like it, they'll escalate it. So even though I was treating people based on my opinion, things still got out of hand. Respect is more about each individuals opinion. Though I can't believe they would go so far.
    Oct 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  13. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    I'll respect what they want but I definitely don't ever want to have to spend time with them if I have to worry about things getting bad like that.
    Oct 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.