Comments on Profile Post by hero_buddy

1. hiddenone
    hiddenone
    Just choose something simple, like 'Harold goes for a walk' or make a small game based on a fairy tale. An amazing story isn't important, what you want is to get practice finishing a project.
    Oct 23, 2019
    SmashArtist likes this.
  2. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    remember, a complete story needs a beginning, a middle and an end.
    Oct 23, 2019
  3. Nightblade50
    Nightblade50
    Open VX Ace or whatever RM you have and read the default character's backstories, then make a small game centered around your favorite
    Oct 23, 2019
  4. KazukiT
    KazukiT
    It doesn't need to be complicated. Most of the greatest story start from something simple. You could try out a Game Jam on Itch. Just a jam that interests you and go from there.
    Oct 23, 2019
  5. SmashArtist
    SmashArtist
    This happens to me so often. And once I finally have a story idea it explodes into something waay too big and ambitious. XD
    @hiddenone gosh darn it stop figuring out the names of my short games before I even release them. Been working on "Marsha Goes for a Walk" for a while now. DX
    Oct 23, 2019
    hiddenone likes this.
  6. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    For projects like that, I like to think back to childhood. Goals that I had when I was a kid (silly little ones, not ones that would take a lifetime to achieve), or misconceptions that I had about things, are great sparks for coming up with a plot for this type of game.
    Oct 23, 2019
  7. FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Dude goes on a walk to get some milk, falls in a mysterious cave he's never seen before. He now must find his way out but try as he might he only ends up further in it's depths. Is the cave real or did it transport him to an alternate dimension?

Bing. Story popped out of my head in 3.2 seconds and continued as I typed.
    Oct 23, 2019
  8. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    This is why after my current project is done, my next one would only have a basic story...
    Oct 23, 2019