Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Be careful, there's a few historical and geographical errors in that game. Then again, there's historical and geographical errors in a lot of their historical grand strategy games.
    Oct 23, 2019
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    Since I spend time on Reddit, I've already encountered this. China and the major powers took the greatest hit for sake of game balancing.
    Oct 23, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    By the way, how is the game? I couldn't get into HOI3 because of how complicated it was, but I heard HOI4 was less complex. Not sure if I want to waste money on the game without knowing if I could get into it, though.
    Oct 23, 2019
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    Compared to HOI3 some things have been streamlined, but my biggest issue is, the game came out in 2016 and is single threaded, which means, as it progresses into later game, it runs slow.
    Oct 23, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    Sorry for not elaborating on it, but had to go to sleep. Anyway, HOI4's selling point was, it streamlined a lot of economical management in favor of strategy aspects. Ammunition and fuel were removed, fuel replaced by oil and oil was needed for construction of tanks. Nevertheless, Paradox games evolved the game against its selling point.
    Oct 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    Version 1.5.0 brought back fuel. Man the guns DLC made naval combat a lot more complex with various ship parts, etc. And the new DLC that's about to come will rework the focus trees of France and Spain, to bring it closer to realism - in reality the Spanish civil war lasted till 1938, in the game it often ends in mid 1937 and even quicker if player gets involved.
    Oct 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.