RPG Maker Forums

Lilly
Lilly
The average time it takes for a game dev to release a game is two years.

For me it's been a few months, but I'm making good progress.
standardplayer
standardplayer
Keep going. And don't let @The Stranger tell you that you aren't gonna be able to make it. You can do this. Even if @The Stranger told me in a PM that you aren't going to be able to, which I'll gladly screenshot.
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
I started whenever I first signed up(forgot, maybe 2017) but switched to another engine. I'm guessing the reason it's taking you a while is because you're customizing everything and not using the templates? That's what I did and I stopped being happy about anything that looked default. That along with feature creep. It keeps piling on.
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
Then you may decide to rebuild a part of your game after a year. Then in another year you may decide to rebuild it again... Sigh.
KazukiT
KazukiT
That's quite a feat, it must be quite the extensive game.
Prescott
Prescott
@standardplayer wait really, what the heck xD I've spent a load of money on this and have a decent sized team, there's no way I CAN'T follow through on it!
Prescott
Prescott
@FleshToDust @KazukiT the tilesets are all standard, pretty much everything else is custom. it's an open world game with nearly 100 quests (mq + sq) and all of the npcs have schedules and such so i have to make sure everything flows perfectly. i'm also the only developer lol.
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
SkyrimPG Maker. Noice!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Testing out applying a stroke effect to things at player level to increase visibility. Thoughts?

I wonder what cat meat tastes like.
Some call him... the wacky one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrPhantom