Comments on Profile Post by SpicyNoodleStudios

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I agree with this. People being concerned about how their deeds will be percieved often stops them from even trying to do good. You see this a lot when it comes to helping the homeless. People get all caught up on things such as: are they really homeless? Will they spend the money on drugs? Are they homeless because they're lazy? And other such things.
    Oct 25, 2019
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    In my opinion, all that matters when trying to do good is the intent; something which is known only to you. How someone reacts to whatever you've done is beyond your power to control. If they abuse your kindness then that's on them, but it shouldn't stop you from continuing to try to help others.
    Oct 25, 2019
    SpicyNoodleStudios likes this.
  3. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    What I've been coming to understand lately is that, as long as we, the people, practice understanding, then we can retain inner peace in all circumstances.
    Oct 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  4. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    If someone does something to ruin that, whether as a reaction to you or to get a reaction from you, then we can be unaffected through understanding. Otherwise, it probably won't matter.
    Oct 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    A lot of people are upset with the unfairness in their lives. When they perceive someone else's life as being more privileged than theirs, they often become upset as they care deeply.
    Oct 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  6. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    It's also wise to know the difference between genuine unfairness, jealousy, and envy.If we allow ourselves to mistake jealousy and envy for unfairness, then we will know only anger and hatred. One can live, and even be happy, with having less than others. Of course, that's not to say that there aren't very real examples of unfairness and injustice in the world.
    Oct 25, 2019
  7. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    There is unfairness in the world, and many if not all people have experienced that at least once in their lives, I would say. However, I hope people don't let that unfairness steal more happiness away from them.
    Oct 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  8. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    The moments and people that were/caused unfairness in life already stole moments of happiness. I hope people can see this and remain happy for as many moments of their lives as they can.
    Oct 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  9. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I read somewhere, can't remember where exactly, that we are able to acknowledge an emotion or thought, such as anger and unfairness, let them enter our minds, and then let them leave again. We don't have to succumb to them. We don't have to act upon anything if we don't want to. It's not easy, but it is possible. Not going to claim I'm a master of my emotions, because that'd make me a liar.
    Oct 25, 2019
  10. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Perhaps one day I can come to know happiness, real happiness, and not that sensation I get when I impulse buy things; something which I instantly regret, and which I hate myself for. lol.
    Oct 25, 2019
  11. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    Meditation helps with that. Meditation lets you condition yourself to resist all impulses. You sit down in a comfortable position and focus on your breathing and for as long as you can, do nothing else.
    Oct 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  12. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    Maybe set a timer or something as well, I usually don't, I just do it as long as I can. I've been doing it daily lately and it has made a difference.
    Oct 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  13. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    So if you feel or think anything while meditating, you don't do anything. You don't get up, you don't write anything down, you don't speak. You just keep breathing. Then you get used to how it feels not to react.
    Oct 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  14. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    My old psychologist tried to do breathing techniques and mindfulness with me years ago, but I wasn't very good at it. Maybe it's just something you need to practice.
    Oct 25, 2019
  15. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    Though I should say, it did take like over a month of near daily meditation before it made a real difference. The difference was noticeable at first, but not very potent. Kind of like a diet, or the start of making a game, it can feel like its not working well at first, but it is.
    Oct 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.