RPG Maker Forums

Poryg
Poryg
There were three main problems with swords.
1. bad against armored opponents - so against practically everyone
2. a lot of time needed for practice
3. expensive to make and maintain
In fact, even a spear was a better choice than a sword due to its reach, price and no training needed to operate.
Poryg
Poryg
The only reason swords were able to spread was, armor was dropped as time passed as it was inefficient against widespread firearms. And that swords in 16th century were skinnier and more nimble.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
Calling the sword impractical is like calling the handgun impractical. It's was the most versatile and cost effective sidearm for centuries. Swords were everywhere for a reason.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
1. Not everyone was armored. Even after chainmail a sword had the thrusting power to pierce it. Full plate armor didnt come about later, and then swords like the rapier and zweihander were introduced to combat them as well.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
2. Any peasant could use a sword. Medieval warfare wasnt 1v1 duels. Not everyone with a sword had to be Kirito out there.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
3. Compared to what? Spears? Halberds? Guns? Swords were mass produced and just as easy to upkeep as any weapon. I really dont know where you're getting these ideas.
Storyteller-Hero
Storyteller-Hero
Many ancient soldiers had spears/longarms as primary weapons and switched to swords in close quarters fighting - real life equipment slots allowed for multiple weapons to be carried. Swords are also easier to conceal and stow so it makes sense to carry them for defense when traveling. Thrusting and stabbing techniques enable swords to bypass armor in gaps.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Going on hiatus. Won't be back until mid October.:LZSoops:
Just read the English lyrics for Despacito. Ramen aint innocent no more! :kaodes:
Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.
This was originally made for a "castle" challenge, but we just decided to keep it for our actual game :)

1632415929108.png
Would a simple item rarity plugin be useful to someone? Basically, you would set notetag to an item to set its rarity and it would change the text colour of the item.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Petue