RPG Maker Forums

Uzuki
Uzuki
People stealing and reselling their code, people being jerks with acting entitled and harassing them about the plugins, and encourage people to complete projects.
Poryg
Poryg
... And to mitigate the ever increasing amount of garbage games.
ArielSystem
ArielSystem
Some of the Yanfly users claim it as theirs and don't credit it.
Poryg
bgillisp
bgillisp
@Poryg Read the story of the discord exchange too. Others looked at the code more and could find no evidence. And I had a user send me evidence they could use to get Yanfly for copying by the same logic.
Poryg
Poryg
@bgillisp I have read the discord drama. Based on the evidence and my own memory though, I think what has happened is, Isabella did not steal the plugins on purpose of stealing. She just read through the plugins, understood the code she needed and then implemented it herself without realizing she was doing anything wrong.
Poryg
Poryg
Don't forget, I've been there when she got banned in January. She was banned for sexually explicit pictures in her status updates, but her last one was in the level of softcore ecchi, while others were much more explicit. And the thing between the ecchi one and the more explicit ones was, she got threatened with a ban if she posted one more explicit picture.
Poryg
Poryg
Of course this is not a justification or anything. But that's what I think it is. She doesn't mean any harm, she just doesn't know she does bad. Not to mention, she has admitted looking through the incriminated plugin codes as she was an amateur, so it would make perfect sense that the code has a lot of Yanfly nuances, but the "body is chopped to pieces".
Jomarcenter
Jomarcenter
can you pm me with the link of the discord itself tho
bgillisp
bgillisp
You missed the part where Yanfly went after SRD as well. I think that's the point everyone was like enough.
Poryg
Poryg
@bgillisp I did not miss it. The Yanfly-SRD drama was just a drama, a conflict of the past that got brought up. The only two pieces of relevant information was, it was about a conflict in the past due to similar code, it was just let slide for the sake of the community. SRD also said he did not find anything, but didn't challenge the presented evidence.
Animebryan
Animebryan
Yanfly accused SRD as well? Apparently I must've missed that. Anyone know where I can read up on that?
Jomarcenter
Jomarcenter
Same had no idea wtf happened

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
Helldivers is so much fun!
Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phihhim