Comments on Profile Post by The Mighty Palm

1. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Answer: unneccessary banter. They try to tell instead of show. Scars scene with the mouse in the remake is 10 times longer than the original and adds NOTHING.
    Oct 28, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I miss their more traditional, hand-drawn cartoon style. I bought the Black Cauldron on DVD recently, and the art style brought back so many pleasant memories; it was also an okay attempt at dark fantasy by Disney. lol. :)
    Oct 28, 2019
    The Mighty Palm and ex0rschism like this.
  3. slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    I feel like they're more for new generations/people who never saw the originals? My co-worker absolutely loves the Beauty and the Beast liveaction movie, but never saw the original (and still hasn't I believe). I personally thought it was fine, but by explaining some of the "errors" the original had, a lot of the magic was lost to me. (That was also the last liveaction remake I saw.)
    Oct 29, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  4. FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Originals are always better.
    Oct 29, 2019
  5. MechScapeZH
    MechScapeZH
    Oh, @The Mighty Palm. Don't you know the M-I-C-K-E-Y S-T-R-A-T-E-G-Y? They Mickey Mouse Club march into their vault, they march out with the movie, and they pump it full of unnecessary filler so they can increase their M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-C-E-S!
    Oct 29, 2019
  6. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I didn't mind "Aladdin", but it had some serious issues. The genie, for one, was great when it was a Will Smith genie. But, when Will Smith was trying to be Robin Williams... genie fell flat as a freakin' pancake. Plus, the princess's storyline felt really stupid and lame and wasn't fleshed out at all.
    Oct 29, 2019
  7. Milennin
    Milennin
    Going from cartoon to live action is a straight downgrade by default.
    Oct 29, 2019
  8. Kwerty
    Kwerty
    Well, that’s “Disney Magic” for you! Hehe
    Oct 29, 2019