Comments on Profile Post by PixelHeart

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Well, it was only a mini-vacation. :p Jokes aside, I'm sorry to hear that. Called back to work for something like staff shortages, work overload, some sort of deadline, etc?
    Oct 29, 2019
  2. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    @The Stranger - :( yes, there are shortages in help. We are always short it seems. But it always seems like the same person too though :/ . I wish I could say no, but my boss would get mad and cut my hours even more. Yes, she really does that.... shes kind of vindictive.
    Oct 29, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Don't you have any rights where you live? Surely you can refuse to cover for someone else if you've already booked this time off work. Seems wrong that an employer can do this to you.
    Oct 29, 2019
    PixelHeart likes this.
  4. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    Not really no, at least not where I am in USA.Heck,we have something called "right to work",which basically means I must work how ever my boss wants,or I can be fired without any explanation...that doesn't always happen,no.But its enough of a looming possibility that people will work even when they're sick,especially if your just a contractor....
    Oct 29, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    ...I remember once when I was working a contract job I called in so I could go see the doc because I was having respiratory issues,I was let go the same day...did not matter that I had an excuse.
    Oct 29, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  6. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    Now, where Im working now, I figure we're always so short that boss lady cant really afford to let any of us go like that, just for being sick.
    Oct 29, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    WTF? Really? Yeah, that seems wrong. I assumed America would've been a bit more progressive on the issue of worker's rights, but I guess I was mistaken. You shouldn't be able to lose your job because you're sick; especially if you can present a doctor's note to your boss.
    Oct 29, 2019
    PixelHeart likes this.
  8. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    Yeah, I know several people its happened too, including one guy recently who comes to the place I work frequently. He asked off from the factory he works at, was ok'd by his boss, then on the day he was supposed to be off his boss called and asked if he's going to come in, said no, and she told him to come in a clear out his locker. :/ ....
    Oct 29, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  9. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    That's not right at all. I can only hope that the situation changes in the future. People shouldn't fear for their jobs because they want to enjoy their scheduled holidays, or because they're sick. Being treated like a worthless piece of sh*t must do wonders for workplace morale. lol.
    Oct 29, 2019
    PixelHeart likes this.
  10. Ryisunique
    Ryisunique
    More of a correction, it's 'at will'. Right to work is working in union fields without the union pressuring people to join. I cannot cover for America.
    Oct 29, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.