RPG Maker Forums

Finnuval
Finnuval
I once punched someone for hugging me cause it caught me offguard so... Yes? Lol
Mystic_Enigma
Mystic_Enigma
They can be, with bad context...
The Stranger
The Stranger
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
Ever been hugged by Jason or freddy? It's the last hug you'll ever have.
Poryg
Poryg
As an infamous snuggler of the community, I've never had an experience, where I got scared by a hug. I have definitely scared some people though :D But bigger problems still arise with comfortability than scare.
NinjaKittyProductions
NinjaKittyProductions
They are if you have a phobia to haptics (that is touching or being touched)o_o
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Considering multiple people have gotten arrested in certain places (U.K. mainly) for hugging I'd say it definitely can be. Hugs can ruin your life if you aren't careful, as can just tapping someone on the shoulder to get their attention.
Poryg
Poryg
And I thought the only time tapping on someone's shoulder brings trouble is, when you do it on a taxi driver, who had spent 10 years driving with funeral vehicles.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Philosophus Vagus lol! What? When did that happen? Only thing I heard of like that was when a teacher hugged a female student and was punished for it. It's perfectly legal over here to cuddle in public.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
They can be when you're just trying to tie your shoe and suddenly you're getting a bear hug from behind. True story.
Philosophus Vagus
Finnuval
Finnuval
The Stranger
The Stranger
The Stranger
The Stranger
It all comes down to how you feel about being touched or grabbed by strangers. if you don't mind, then there's no reason to go to the police and have them treat it as assault. The best policy is to probably not touch people you aren't too familiar with though, at least not on their waist.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
The article I linked covered that too, I still don't think that's grounds for finding someone guilty of assault. He was trying to get her attention, she didn't so much as acknowledge him, should he have inferred from that that she didn't want anything to do with him and left it at that, probably so. But I have aspergers myself, and can't help relating to the awkwardness he describes.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Just because someone assumes ill intent behind an action should not make it a crime. This is how we create a world where everyone is afraid to interact. I am, because I am socially awkward. I would never approach a stanger on the streets because of stories like these, and because I've learned that my awkwardness can and will be misinterpreted as malice, though thankfully not to that degree.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I don't know, it seems like he was aware of the fact she didn't like it. He was even in contract with a family member over the two incidents. I know I probably wouldn't react very well if someone grabbed my hip and I wasn't going out with them. lol. The girl felt intimidated, and this was the second time it happened, so she went to the police.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"How dare you!" is probably the most overused reason to start conflict.
Another day of mostly mapping in Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ: Episode 7 starting now! We're making a mansion! Come watch live and join in on the chat!
Game=Forest, Feature=Tree. There's little worth in looking at a tree except in its relation to how it affects the feel of the forest.
Been a while, guys. Despite being in college now, I'm working on Season's Promise as often as I can.
Helping my sister make her game
I hope i can get some freckles for the generator soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unfaithful