RPG Maker Forums

Mystic_Enigma
Mystic_Enigma
Good luck telling all those Anti-Heroes out there that, they never like being told what to do!
The Stranger
The Stranger
Why are you judging all people in dark clothes as thieves and robbers? xD They might be goths, in mourning, it might be a colour that holds some meaning in their culture or faith, or they might just like black.
Poryg
Poryg
I don't judge anything. In past dark colours, except for suits, were quite a signature of those, who wanted to hide themselves. It used to be easier to spot a thief, because black was more distinguishable. Nowadays everyone wears black. And how am I supposed to find a thief among all that?
The Stranger
The Stranger
Be vigilant and look out for suspicious behaviour. it's fairly common for thieves to dress like working men nowadays. Looking like they're just taking a break from work draws less suspicion, and makes it somewhat easier for them to steal random stuff from shops.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Burglars and the like would just wear anything that conceals the majority of their body, the colour is unimportant. The goal is to do what you need to do without being easy to identify by cameras or witnesses. So, they wear masks, gloves, blue latex gloves underneath those gloves, and other such things that conceal skin colour, and other identifying features.
Lornsteyn
Lornsteyn
I mostly wear dark/black clothes, but Im usually not wandering around at night.
SweetMeltyLove
SweetMeltyLove
Good point! If I ever become a thief I'll remember to wear colorful clothes
Poryg
Poryg
I don't work in shops, so seeing people with masks or other things that attract attention is not happening. If they try to mask themselves, they'll wear school caps and sunglasses in Summer and hoods at Winter.
The Stranger
The Stranger
You can easily things such as Halloween masks, balaclavas, hobby masks (dust guards, paintballing masks, etc) that can be used for the same purpose. Going to these lengths also helps if you want to harm someone and be more difficult to identify by nearby cameras or the victim. Just gotta make sure you dispose of the clothes once you're done.
Poryg
Poryg
In all honesty, robbing an apartment complex is different from robbing a bank. You don't want to let your face be seen in the bank. But in the apartments you don't want to arise suspicion. So nobody is going to come in wearing a balaclava unless he's a motorbiker, that's a giveaway. And that blend in is a real problem.
The Stranger
The Stranger
You don't really want to be robbing a modern bank the old fashioned way at all. Don't most banks trap their notes with dye? There's probably a lot of other security measures in place nowadays that make it extremely difficult to pull off without expert planning, knowledge, and skills. Going in guns blazing is just a quick way to find yourself arrested or dead.
The Stranger
The Stranger
With flats and houses, it's often best to be in and out as quickly as you can. The longer you're in the house, the higher the chance of being caught.
Poryg
Poryg
Even police has admitted that nowadays it's no longer possible to recognize a thief by clothing. Everyone wears black. Loose clothing useful to distort body features is becoming popular. Torn clothing typical for druggies is in with some groups of people. Hoodies, caps and other useful stuff for hiding your face are standard.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Traditional thievery isn't where the money is at anymore. Digital theft, scams, fraud, etc has been on the rise for a while. You can make far more by phishing or scamming than by pickpocketing or holding up a shop at gun point. The punishment for crimes such as embezzlement are much harsher than for robbing a house, though.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Rigging ATMs with cloners and other such devices is pretty big in cities, too. I know the police in my city have been cracking down on that sort of stuff recently.
Poryg
Poryg
Well, in our country burglaries are quite rare and especially here as it's guarded 24/7. Our country has a problem with petty crimes. Crack a car window, steal a laptop. Short, quick and profitable.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Yeah, petty crimes are huge no matter where you go. No idea why people still leave expensive tech in their cars. Some homes are broken into not be use of force, but because people either leave their doors unlocked, for some reason, or leave their keys too close to the front door.
Reactions: Poryg
Poryg
Poryg
In our country petty crime is quite organized too. Something like thieves guild. Oftentimes if thieves pay a visit somewhere, they know what they're there for and even where to go. This makes spotting thieves even harder, because they don't wander around trying to map the area or find something interesting... Someone had done it before.
The Stranger
The Stranger
That makes sense. Organised crime is a lot harder to deal with than random thieves, junkies, and opportunistic criminals. Thieves guild. lol. Do you have you very own Brynjolf accusing every soul he sees of not earning their Septims honestly, then inviting them into the guild? xD
Reactions: Poryg

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:LZSooo: Gotcha Gotcha Games... have launched an official discord server for RPG Maker. :LZSooo:

doodled a poring today :kaoluv:
uc
Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeko