RPG Maker Forums

Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Nah, I like the RTP. I'm always wishing that their DLC would release more artwork of a similar style. More monsters in the same style, more tilesets, etcetera. I like the aesthetic and it's difficult to find assets that mesh well with it.
Ms Littlefish
Ms Littlefish
It’s all in the beholder. You could drop 10K on custom tiles, but that won’t magically make an attractive game.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Only thing I dislike about RTP is the fact that its to removed from my own artstyle making it pretty hard to find stuff that fits and points out my weaknesses as an artist xD
jkweath
jkweath
I actually like the RTP a lot, I just dislike the character artstyle myself. I'd buy an extra RTP-style monster pack in a heartbeat.
Starbird_Resources
Starbird_Resources
to be really specific, i'm not a huge fan of chibi chars, but everything else is pretty on point for my aesthetic :)
Archeia
Archeia
The question is which RTP.
jkweath
jkweath
@Archeia I feel like the tileset art for VXAce and MV are similar enough and I like them both, but I waay prefer the VXAce character artstyle over MV's. Though now that I'm thinking about it, I think the FES artstyle is vastly superior to MV's. I wish the FES set had expansions!
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
@Archeia the answer is "all of them". Every RTP for every RPG Maker program is great... And none of the DLC released for any of them matches the aesthetic. :(

Also, yeah... chibi chars suck. I liked the RM2K 1.5 tile high chars best.
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
Give it time.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've created a monster.
...and I love it. <3
Today represents my one year anniversary of throwing out the tile map. :LZSexcite: One year ago my game looked like...

And now for those that don't know, it looks like..

What a year, what a year indeed. RIP Tile Map, nobody misses you. :LZSwink:
There is now a demo released for [Beyond the Mirror]! Check the team recruitment thread to learn more!
'Tis the season to see shipping prices and go 'Yikes'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasaseocirebon