Comments on Profile Post by Kuro DCupu

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    *Player skips dialogue and cutscenes* Same Player: What's going on? I have no idea what to do! This game sucks.
    Nov 6, 2019
    Finnuval and Kuro DCupu like this.
  2. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Nov 6, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I prefer the player hit "Skip playing this game" rather than "skip your cutscene and dialogue".

I make video games for the story and try to make gameplay enjoyable after the fact. I prefer you're playing my game for that story.
    Nov 6, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  4. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    For me it depends on what the game's appeal is. If its main appeal is in the gameplay then I want to get right to that gameplay. If its story heavy, I don't skip the cutscenes unless its a second playthrough.
    Nov 6, 2019
  5. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I always find it funny when people complain about a 10 minute cutscene in our games but forget that Persona 4's intro is 2 HOURS. I know as I clocked how long it took me before my first fight.
    Nov 7, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  6. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    And many FF games have longer than 10 minute intros before you get to gameplay, yet few complain about that.
    Nov 7, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  7. KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I think you should keep the beginning intro short and so they can be eased into the story. The alternative being let the player get a feel for the game then do your world introduction.
    Nov 7, 2019
  8. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Personally, I play an RPG entirely for the story. I don't much care what your game mechanics are (because 999 times out of 1000, they're not all that great anyway, or get dull quickly), I want to see your story. As such, I like games to tell me what is going on before the first fight. I need some set-up. Without that set-up, I usually quit playing.
    Nov 7, 2019
    bgillisp and Finnuval like this.
  9. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    They have every right to want to skip, especially if they paid for the game. It's not a movie.
    Nov 7, 2019
  10. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    If they had no control over whether or not your game got a good/bad reputation, I'd agree with you. However, there are an overabundance of players who skip cutscenes/story and then complain that they don't know what is going on... or there's a plot hole, or what-have-you. If these players also forfeited the right to leave a review, I'd be more inclined to agree. :D
    Nov 7, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.