Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Isn't your current lab position relatively new? You just getting tired of the work, or did something happen?
    Nov 11, 2019
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I'm losing vision in my right eye and there's no guarantee I'm getting it back. Being up on my feet all day is causing me to...for lack of better wording...run into sheep all day.
    Nov 11, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Oh! So, your vision could return to normal, but it might not? I'm sorry to hear that. :( How are you coping?
    Nov 11, 2019
    Ms Littlefish likes this.
  4. mlogan
    mlogan
    What are you wanting to change to?
    Nov 11, 2019
    The Stranger and Ms Littlefish like this.
  5. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I suppose for the things I enjoy doing, it's not as bad as an ear. I do still see, but there's these dark spots that really get in the way. I'm feeling a bit bluer than normal because I feel like I'm not doing my best quality of work. Acute sight is actually rather important for lab work.
    Nov 11, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  6. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @mlogan I'm going to dip my toes into the economic side of my degree. I already have an interview as an underwriter and I'd pretty much be making twice as much money if I get it. I got a phone call pretty much immediately after submitting my resume...so that feels hopeful. XD
    Nov 11, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Ms Littlefish I imagine it's also very frustrating to not only see these dark spots, but for them to interfere with your life so much. Is there nothing that can be done to correct this problem? Well, apart from hope and pray, that is.
    Nov 11, 2019
  8. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Well...it's not something that can be corrected with lenses since it's not the lens of my eye. There's some irritation/wearing of the nerve...we'd need to determine the exact cause to figure out what can done.
    Nov 11, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  9. mlogan
    mlogan
    Ahhh, that sounds exciting. Best of luck with it!
    Nov 11, 2019
  10. gstv87
    gstv87
    those who can, do.... those who can't, teach.
    :D

(....those who can't teach, teach gym... but I digress)
    Nov 11, 2019
  11. mlogan
    mlogan
    As someone with a degree in education and experience teaching, I really hate that statement.
    Nov 11, 2019
  12. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @mlogan Not a fan of being told you're too inept to actually use the skills you're teaching? :p Teaching is perhaps one of the most valuable things in society. If anything, we need more skilled teachers.
    Nov 11, 2019