Comments on Profile Post by The Mighty Palm

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    There's a flaw in your thankfulness. Pointing out flaws is not bravery, it should be standard. Only not pointing them out is cowardice. Although I understand where it comes from, some people just cannot bear the criticism.
    Nov 12, 2019
    caethyril likes this.
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    There you go. Where there aren't your friends, there's me. :D Although sometimes I wonder if my criticisms are too harsh, because they're usually long and detailed.
    Nov 12, 2019
  3. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Encouragement is equally important though. You can't just point out flaws all the time. You gotta find points of improvement, tell people "You're getting better!" and cheer them on too.
    Nov 12, 2019
    Hyouryuu-Na likes this.
  4. Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    My friends are too straightforward at times. They be like "what is this? You s*ck" lmao And sometimes I'm hurt. But regardless, it's a very good thing. I don't have to falsely believe that I'm good at something.
    Also it's important to encourage them too. Instead of "you're not good for this job" it should be "you have to practice a bit more and then you'll be perfect!"
    Nov 12, 2019
    The Mighty Palm likes this.
  5. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    It's a bit cruel to say "You suck" I think. It's not constructive, doesn't really offer any advice on how better to grow.
    You don't have to be good at something to believe in yourself. There is no "perfect", if you like something then you're probably not alone in liking it, you just need to find your audience.
    Nov 12, 2019
  6. Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    As someone who calls my friends b*tch and a**hole I don't think "you s*ck" is that cruel ^^ But it's definitely harsh if you don't have a super close relationship with them. I agree with the rest of what you said
    Nov 12, 2019
    The Mighty Palm likes this.
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, for the lack of encouragement I've been in a sort of love hate relationship with some. They knew I'd tell them honestly if they asked me, but they also knew I would show no mercy and at times completely obliterate them. But guess that's why they trusted me.
    Nov 13, 2019