RPG Maker Forums

The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
More versatile less beginner friendly. Doesnt come with graphics, audio, or any code. You have to do everything yourself. For platformers and action games GM is better. For RPGs and menu/text heavy games I prefer RPGM.
Faherya
Faherya
They are made for different things. Is pliers better than a handsaw? :(
Reactions: Shaz
Kauzz
Kauzz
@The Mighty Palm Yeah, I know how to code in Ruby and the GMS coding looks very very very easy comparated with RGSSx, at least at my starter classes. (I've started yesterday and finished two little games) But i'm thinking if it's much hard make something near an RPG on game maker without much "hacking", like create an 3d/plataformer in Rpg maker...
Kauzz
Kauzz
@Faherya Yeah, I see your point. But I guess they do the same thing, with other focus (RPGs and Plataformers/Shooters). I mean, what you think is more easy to do, an good plataformer on rpg maker or an good RPG on GMS (Pretending I know how to use both)
Shaz
Shaz
Or make RPGs using RPG Maker, and other types of games using Game Maker? Why limit yourself to one or the other?
Reactions: Kauzz

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Dalph wrote on slimmmeiske2's profile.
Slimmm, we should team one day and make "Reid in Wonderland" or "Aluxes in boots".
Ami
--- F.Mage Cooking ---

F.Mage: Hey,guys. i made dinner for you!
M.Fighter & Hero: (Shock) Dinner???
(F.Mage Put The Failed And Burnt Dishes Surrounded With Creepy Aura)
Hero: What the...???
F.Mage: It's Curry Rice,Fried Egg And Cakes. I hope you guys like my Dishes.
M.Fighter: Are you kidding me?
Is it true that when we hit 1 million posts, each of us gets 17,000 USD? Sorry if I'm not supposed to post this question here, but I can't find where to post it...
I slightly modified the hairstyle to get it in the right direction.
And apply a little lip
Am I up for another full-time day of game dev? Let's find out! Got coffee, got music; let's go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MopskYKopskY