RPG Maker Forums

MechScapeZH
MechScapeZH
Just something I was thinking about- I see a lot of games here with grammatically incorrect/ poorly spelled scripts- I'm an English major, so I'm compelled to correct them, haha. And I thought: that's something I could do, right? This is something I may pursue in the far future or not at all, but I thought I'd ask anyways.
Faherya
Faherya
I don't speak english fluently, so I have to hire native translators to do the job. If the software is economically more interesting and of at least similar quality is a case in point. However, only if the license is single payment. Signatures are absolutely out of the question with no chance of argument.
Faherya
Faherya
And with a single payment, I mean really single payment. One-time purchase, lifetime access.
MechScapeZH
MechScapeZH
I'm not sure you understood me- I meant editing, as in manually going over the script and editing it. I couldn't even write such a software, haha.
Faherya
Faherya
Oh, yes haha. See how bad my english is? But well, I work with this right here, in portuguese. I'm actually a literary editor, but I get a script or another for sporadic games. Not very lucrative, most developers don't even care, but sometimes it works.
MechScapeZH
MechScapeZH
Oh, really? That's awesome- I'm studying to be the same. :) That's great to hear- even if jobs are sporadic, some developers do use editors. Thank you for the information!
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
When u said "script", I thought the code, then you meant it was for in-game text.

Then when you said outside "editor", I thought a software to manage the in-game, then I realized what you actually meant was someone who edits your in-game text.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
the in-game text*

so I was thinking, "but why? you already could edit the mv plugin using outside editor"
Storyteller-Hero
Storyteller-Hero
Spelling and grammar make a huge difference when selling a game in an English-speaking market, because the language used in your screenshots and product page are among the first things that potential buyers see; they might just quickly skip over your game if they see problems with the spelling and grammar.
MechScapeZH
MechScapeZH
@TheoAllen Yeah, I could've chosen my words more carefully. In my world, a "script" is a collection of dialogue, cues, and narration, and an "editor" is a guy who sits at a desk all day reviewing them, haha.
@Storyteller-Hero Totally! That's why all the language-based errors I see worry me- if the spelling & grammar of RPG Maker games was better, maybe they'd have a better reputation.
ChipTato
ChipTato
Definitely not necessary as you can probably do it yourself if you're familiar with the languange. But an editor would be nice for some extra polish.
Would i pay? If a project is big enough, i'd definitely need a helping hand
MechScapeZH
MechScapeZH
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Lol I had the same misunderstanding as @TheoAllen . I thought you meant game code and an editor software to code. For programmers, script means code and editor mean software to write code lol.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
@MechScapeZH But to answer your question, yes it would be extremely helpful. Personally I wouldn't pay an editor for that since I can myself review my writing. I do make spelling mistakes when I type fast, but English is one of my strong languages, so for me it's just a question of having the patience to read through everything.
ChipTato
ChipTato
I had to read the replies to understand too lol

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Learning C on the side to support Haxe.
Imagine having a different opinion on the internet.
Crazy.
Here's the one that flee from no foe, the brave Sir Kiwival! Also protagonist of my current project.

This is the cover art of new game, "Primordial Essence".
I'm amazed at the performance increase I saw in just going through and rescoping the variables in other people's plugins that I'm using. You know what that means? :LZSexcite:
//Tosses more absurd stuff onto the game of "Jenga" that is his RM project.
:rheh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Makual