RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
Seems awfully active for something that's dead. :p
QueenTeaYT
QueenTeaYT
I suppose I'm using the wrong word. I assumed the community was a lot larger than it is.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I mean, we do have 30 robots online right now, apparently. We're super advanced and futuristic like that. :p I'm guessing most members remain hidden, while others use the Steam RPG Maker discussion boards instead of these forums. There's some nice people here though.
QueenTeaYT
QueenTeaYT
There are! I've had most of my questions answered by coming here and I find it the most reliable. I appreciate the people here who are alive and helping. xD
bgillisp
bgillisp
It's the holidays. Many are traveling. Also many are students and have finals this and next week so they got other things to focus on.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Well, to be fair: Most people who pick up RPG Maker don't really intend to use it to actually learn game design. They pick it up because they think they can make a quick and easy game. The ones who actually use it for game design... we frequent the forums.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
Eh, we're pretty friendly for the most part. Just have to find your click. Heh.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Honestly I only check a few of the boards, and the profile posts. If you post anywhere else... I'm probably not even going to see it. Somehow I doubt I'm unique on this one. ;)
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
It actually is pretty small now that I think about it. Probably has a problem with people constantly moving to and from it.

To it because they're introduced to the engine
and
From it because they began learning more and reach limitations.
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
And then a majority of people just make stuff and rarely take part in the community.
jkweath
jkweath
The community size here is just right IMO. If it got too big you'd start to see a lot more low-effort/troll posts. Nowhere near the activity of the average game, but discussions seem like they're more civil and in depth.
jkweath
jkweath
Also 2nd the thought that a lot of users here just lurk or only participate in certain boards. I only really post in the Commercial boards nowadays, for example.
QueenTeaYT
QueenTeaYT
I leave for a few hours and find my status has been raided by the community. xD Thanks guys, I enjoyed hearing your opinions about it! I can see how many people come and go. While not understanding things right away is discouraging for me, I know it will just take time to learn everything I need to. You guys are always helpful so it makes it easier to try. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

-Updated- Lowered fog / found more problems :kaoswt2:
6 more weeks of this nutty semester. Then maybe I'll have time to game make. After I curl up and sleep for a day or two that is.
Wondering how big I can make Dorothy's skill menu before the game just becomes irredeemably bad.
Studio Blue is playing the RPG Maker game Phil Alone live now! Phil may be alone, but you don't have to be, come join us in chat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
718346584zy