RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
Don't they also have horns? Not sure what's so seductive about them. Maybe they're really nasty, and will do anything, and I mean anything, you want them to. lol.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
Yeah, those types of "women" aren't really something a guy would be attracted toward. A succubus knows her audience and that isn't it.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I think the attraction is mostly supposed to be supernatural. In folklore they wouldnt even be corporeal but invade your dreams and seduce you there, cant exactly have the nuance of is the monster or the human wrong there though, plus how terrible would that be having to invade someone's sex dream to save their honor from a rape ghost, no wonder they made them a physical being in the game.
Tanarex
Tanarex
Well, I figure as long as the horns don't poke out your eye or run you through it's not too bad. They aren't replacing any body part. Plus you can always use the horns as handholds.
Tanarex
Tanarex
There is also that weird gait when they walk. Not a sexy feminine walk. If they just had women's legs it wouldn't be so bad. Even if they still had hooves instead of feet. At least that way if a succubus moves in with you they wouldn't bring a giant shoe collection.
Tanarex
Tanarex
The Scientific explanation may be sleep paralysis. But I think it could also be men projecting their own fears on women and the way they make them feel. Thus claiming some women have demonic powers to seduce men. When it is insecure men who can't control themselves. Fear of women has caused unspeakable and sometimes fatal harm even to this day. In some 3rd world countries, women are still accused of being witches.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Tanarex It traditionally appeared in dreams and took the form of a woman so as to seduce men, but it wasn't a woman. I think it could also have been a supersticious understanding of why wet dreams happen. I mean, women also fell victim to the demon when it took on the form of a man - it was known as an incubus.
The Stranger
The Stranger
It's just one of many malevolent (though not all succubi were considered hostile) female figures from folklore. The word nightmare itself comes from the night hag who rode the chests of dreamers, and was likely another explanation for sleep paralysis.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Many folk tales and mythical creatures have some link to one culture's perception of the world around them. Vampires in certain places, for example, became linked with xenophobia.
Tanarex
Tanarex
Yes, but Incubus wasn't as widely known. When was the last time you heard about a Incubus ? The night hag is another example of demonizing women in the past. You could try to use Vampires as an example of the opposite of a male seducer, but Vlad the Impaler was a real person. And romanticized in recent years. While witches, succubuses, etc aren't really based on any one real person. But fear of the unknown.
The Stranger
The Stranger
When was the last time anyone heard of a succubus attack outside of fiction? Succubi and Incubi were just a small part of what certain groups of people believed in at one point in time. I don't think it has anything to do with demonising women in general. If anything, you could see it as people seeing femininity as a powerful thing.
The Stranger
The Stranger
People didn't typically fear witches throughout history, they were just one of many targets when times were tough. It was once common for people to seek out wise women in Europe, and others sought out astrologers for advice and guidance. When their advice proved useless, or their tinctures did nothing, people blamed them.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I should probably step away from the sparkles... but they're soooooooo shiny! :kaoswt:

Anyway stuff of note:
New interface.
The puzzle pieces now a build a puzzle in the upper right corner.
The Nihil is represented by the line with skulls. That represents where the map no longer exists at the moment.
MarcheBeoulve1 wrote on amerk's profile.
What the hell's up with your Profile Pic!
It's so cursed
Why is parallexing so time-consuming? Ive been at it for 8hrs and i havent even finished the map yet :/
It seems MogHunter Twitter is back...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi_there