RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
This should help circumvent the memory issues of randomly generated maps and ABS systems. Or at the very least help optimize them a bit... Listen, it just sounds like a fun thing to try, don't judge me! ;)
standardplayer
standardplayer
In a world.....where there are 8 RPG Maker Maps, and 16 quadrants, there's only enough memory for a Map to make it to a quadrant. It can't be in two quadrants at once.
gstv87
gstv87
(fathoms the concept)

"...........huh." oõ
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
@standardplayer The plan is break up a large map into smaller sections, for example a 100x100 map into 20x20 sections. Then update only stuff within 10x10 of the player while using a lighting plugin to hide anything outside of 6x6. Assuming I use only spawned events, I can unspawn stuff outside of the area, and use a parallax plugin to change parallaxes as the player reaches other areas.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
If I do it right, I can keep the map surprisingly clear and I'll only maintain specific events which I'll put to a blank event page when not in use. Then I can keep a count and when that event comes back into focus it can react to the count. =D
standardplayer
standardplayer
I was just quoting a Rick & Morty episode...kind of. Anyway lol sounds cool, 'unloading' resources as they are no longer needed is actually something AAA game studios are starting to take advantage of an a huge scale.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Oh, haha.... I missed that. It's after 3am here and I'm not even sure why I'm still awake, let alone why I'm messing with code. XD
standardplayer
standardplayer
Cause you got project fever :D Coming up with ideas and testing em out. It keeps me up, too
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
It's pretty much like crack, even if I wasn't working on a game.... I'm still be here experimenting! :LZSexcite: Great for my enjoyment, but pretty much the worst for any kind of timeline or sleep schedule. :LZSwink:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.
Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.
Just got MV and am working on porting over my new game from VX Ace to it! I haven't done much with my new game so it should be pretty quick.
I was doing forge runs on D2 with my wife last night, and singing like a leprechaun to annoy her XD. I was calling it 'The Farge'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lonewolf0396