RPG Maker Forums

Poryg
Poryg
lighter than gasses on breathe in. But since Shrek is not so hot everything melts on touch and does not explode in the middle of every breath cycle, thermonuclear fusion of hydrogen can be scratched.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Helium? Lol
Poryg
Poryg
Helium is unsuitable for breathing. It's extremely stable and non-reactive, because it's in the "ideal state". Not to mention, it's toxic to the brain.
Poryg
Poryg
*for the brain.
And you can't even create it, because Shrek isn't hot enough or dead enough to suggest thermonuclear fusion of hydrogen.
gstv87
gstv87
Fluorine?
Poryg
Poryg
Fluorine is not colorless, it'd be visible if they breathed fluorine.
Poryg
Poryg
If I'm to list all properties I have been able to deduce, it's:

1. the gas needs to be colorless

2. the gas needs to be able to react under close to body temperature without issues

3. the reaction needs to: be exothermic, release energy and need not insane entry energy to be sustainable for animals
Poryg
Poryg
4. the product of such reaction needs to be a colorless gas, which is also lighter than the base

I'm keeping out smells etc., since we cannot say if the air in Shrekaniverse smells, or not.
Poryg
Poryg
I've seen someone consider methane on breathe-out, but the problem is, if Shrek's breath contained methane, it would be flammable. And in his encounter with peasants we can see him scream into torches and actually extinguish the fires, so even methane is out of the question.
Shaz
Shaz
The gas also needs to be lighter than air, as the balloons float.
gstv87
gstv87
Ammonia?

is just a tad lighter than air, and it stinks.
Reactions: Poryg

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.
Blech. I hate coming up with stories. Making gameplay is fun but coming up with lore and reasons for these areas/mechanics just makes me sleepy.
40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamnRed1