RPG Maker Forums

Shaz
Shaz
Isn't it awesome?!
standardplayer
standardplayer
Turns out all this time, Harold was the missing puzzle piece for a successful project. Cleverly hidden as an RTP asset. Genius.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
@Shaz It is! There needs to be a "Harold Lore" Reddit. I will also accept a sub-forum here devoted to him.

@standardplayer It all makes sense now! Harold always was the chosen one, I just need to swap my main character with him and bam! Instantly successful project! :hswt:
standardplayer
standardplayer
Harold is the chosen one, and you are his Imaginary Villain. And I'm just a Standard Player. It all makes sense. Also we might have to kill each other
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Listen, it's all in the name of our great and illustrious Overlord Harold. We should be honored to die for his amusement!
standardplayer
standardplayer
See I'm detecting a storyline where Harold is technically the hero, and the villains are Marsha, Lucius and Therese, sick of living in Harold's default shadow
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
It is basically impossible to stack up to Hero Overlord Harold's magnificence. Marsha, Lucius ad Therese are a lot like Lex Luthor always feeling inferior to Superman. With Harold being their obvious better, it's really little wonder they turned to evil, in their minds they're probably doing good. Poor deluded fools probably even think they're more than a footnote in Hero Overlord Harold's grand saga.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I like how he's sticking his tongue out while concentrating. It reminds me of my grandad. xD
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
That's way more wholesome than my first thought. I thought he was savoring the moment as he aimed him mallet at some unsuspecting person below. As far as I'm concerned Hero Overlord Harold's Mallet is like Mjölnir and returns to him on command. Really the people below should be honored Hero Overlord Harold has blessed them with his mighty mallet from above.
The Stranger
The Stranger
The unsuspecting people being those who are whining about the forum changes. :p
standardplayer
standardplayer
See I'm gonna try to be original and be sympathetic toward the three minor heroes, like the whole world has been doing with Joker since Heath. In fact, I'm gonna make a game that's a prequel, and doesn't even have Harold in it, so you can see who Lucius, Marsha and Therese before they turned bad
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
It's a lot like Handsome Jack in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Lucius, Marsha and Therese were just ordinary adventurers, but circumstances forced them to make ever increasingly morally difficult decisions. Pretty soon stuff that once would have been abhorrent to them was just run of the mill. Lucius, Marsha and Therese spent so long starring into the abyss that only the abyss stares back from their cold eyes.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I for one am thankfully Mallet Mjölnir wielding Hero Overlord Harold is here to keep them in check. Imagine the carnage if he wasn't! Those poor, poor orphans from last time... *shakes his head sadly* Lucius, Marsha and Therese are monsters! :LZSteary:
The Stranger
The Stranger
Lucius, Marsha, and Therese are known as the RPG Maker Squad. It's like the Sucuicde Squad, only more RPG Makery.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
So with more default assets, unfinished gameplay mechanics and a pile of Yanfly plugins?
The Stranger
The Stranger
Yanfly plug-ins are like the class A drugs flooding the spoorly mapped, blocky streets of RPGotham. Home invasions and burglary are at an all time high. Everyone, save for a handful of opportunistic merchants who are probably on the payroll of the local cartels and crime families, is jobless and without hope.
standardplayer
standardplayer
He who must not be named!
The Stranger
The Stranger
The local guards, as always, are powerless to stop this threat, and no heroes have answered the call to sort this mess out. People can't even blame the chaos on the local dark lord or insane clown god, what with them all being killed during the last great quest. People put their faith, their resources, behind a band of heroes, but none of their problems outside of the end of the world were solved.
Tw0Face
Tw0Face
With his huge head, Harold could take off into the air like a hot air balloon.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Helldivers is so much fun!
Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.
So I was at the dentist yesterday and she said,"I'm gonna propose to Dr. Anderson...(Then she paused as she thought what to say). And I said,"I think he is a little old for you." She laughed good naturedly. Then she jabbed sharp things in my mouth for the next 3 hours.
Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otishorn