RPG Maker Forums

Soulrender
Soulrender
@phamtruong1992 my game. For some time charts are flat as plank @MechScapeZH easy to say :/ But I don't understand it, comments even if they're a lie are positive, some dude from this forum posted review on his blog and I've collected 85/100 points and still, no responses for some time, long time.
l8rose
l8rose
That'll happen. Regular updates on your thread here and your game page on itch.io will help attract more attention. Even if it's just an update about adding in NPCs, changing maps, just posting that will get more attention. A devlog is an awesome way to get people interested in your game.
Tw0Face
Tw0Face
itch.io is pretty fast-paced. There are a lot of new games every day. Give it a little time and make some followers. Upload your stuff here and on RMN as well.
Tw0Face
Tw0Face
Forgot to say: Add tags! I guess that's kinda important when it comes to itch.io.
Soulrender
Soulrender
@Tw0Face already done that after upload on itch
Soulrender
Soulrender
Just face it, my game is complete crap
Tw0Face
Tw0Face
I don't know if your game is crap as I don't know it. But little resonance doesn't automatically mean that the game is bad, but that it simply goes under between other games. This also happens to my games on itch.io. Don't take it so hard. :LZSwink:
Soulrender
Soulrender
@Tw0Face Ok, I'll cool it. I drink two or more coffee cups and I spent night on fixes. Maybe also the problem is with synopsis and game desc (marketing) :/
MechScapeZH
MechScapeZH
I saw your game when I helped you in a thread- it's not bad! To be honest? There are many games out there. You need a "hook," That's honestly all you need. Just find the one reason people should play your game, the 1 reason it isn't generic, and promote the heck out of it. There's no reason to give up.
Tw0Face
Tw0Face
Ok. Post your itch.io here if you want me to follow you.
Soulrender
Soulrender
Tw0Face
Tw0Face
No problem. You have a new follower now. :LZSwink:
Soulrender
Soulrender
And now I follow You :)
Soulrender
Soulrender
Castle Warfare is now downloading ;]
Tw0Face
Tw0Face
CW is my most famous game, I guess. xD Have fun. :LZSwink:
Soulrender
Soulrender
I'm in level 2, I didn't read whole tutorial, but I think it's missing feature of repairing main building. :) I never imagined something like this can be made in older versions RM. I'm stunned :D
hiddenone
hiddenone
As you've probably realized, sometimes the best way to drum up more interest in your game is to talk to other devs. Almost all of us here sometimes end up too focused on our own game. One way to combat that I enjoy is to play other demos and leave feedback. If they've got the time, the other devs may play yours as thanks. And even if they don't, you can still learn a lot by examining someone else's game. :)
phamtruong1992
phamtruong1992
I left a comment on your page. Hope you won't give up.
Soulrender
Soulrender
@hiddenone Good point. I'm to busy on my game and personal life that I have not much time to play. By the way, you should check it, because I have something in my game of your work, character generator parts are for sure in use, and something more, but I don't remember what else.
@phamtruong1992 Thx, I'm getting back to modyfing MushroomCake28's achievement plugin.
hiddenone
hiddenone
@Soulrender Games using some of my resources aren't a selling point to me, while it's great that people find them useful if I played every game that used them and left decent feedback then I'd never have time to work on my own games. :guffaw:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting mechanic where random encounters can be sent to a stockpile instead of fighting them right away, which can be emptied in a single battle string at the player's choice of timing.
"The pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is sour as the toxin in the end." -Kirshna
Just finished my first ever game - Aeon's Destiny! This was a lifelong dream and after hundreds of hours, I've made something I'm very proud of. Please check it out!

Demo project with NPC Scheduler and other OcRam -plugins is now available!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDesires