RPG Maker Forums

Shaz
Shaz
We have had years of drought here in Australia and are currently having some terrible fires along the east of the country. Could I please have your rain? All of it?

(I personally love rain, and I love doing stuff with the sound in the background - it's incredibly relaxing for me)
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
What... I always have music playing so I rarely ever hear the rain, but even when I do hear it it doesn't bother me. Constant static background noise doesn't bother me (except when sleeping). It's uneven and non-punctual noise that bothers me beyond reason.
Shaz
Shaz
@MushroomCake28 haha - I cannot have music playing when I'm working. Shoots my concentration to pieces! White noise is the only thing I can listen to (good at work, when I'm trying to program and others in the open office want to chat with each other)
MechScapeZH
MechScapeZH
@Shaz You may have it! All of it! Please take it! If I could magically send it to you, I would. You're the one that needs it!
@MushroomCake28 Most would agree with you, but for some reason rain drives me up the wall. I have allergies that are worse in rain, but I am allergic to many things and I do not get as irritated as with rain...
The Stranger
The Stranger
I can't concentrate when it's raining because the sound of rain relaxes me so much that I want to sleep. I tend to stop everything when it's raining so I can enjoy the rain in peace. I need music to work, but that music can't have singing in it - words are distracting.
standardplayer
standardplayer
I love the sound of rain, I actually find it makes just enough background noise to keep me focused. Too much silence is actually something that makes it hard for me to stay focused. Also, I love the rain (except when driving)
MechScapeZH
MechScapeZH
I see I'm alone in this.

...This site's full of rain-lovers! Why don't you go and enjoy your rain, you rain-lovers!

But seriously: I won't rain on your parade. :D
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Ok let me make you feel better about yourself: I hate chocolate.
MechScapeZH
MechScapeZH
@MushroomCake28 Me too. Ice cream is far superior.

Any more facts to state? :guffaw:
standardplayer
standardplayer
@MechScapeZH well executed :D Funnily enough, there used to be a pc version of Tetris that had a background like a desk in a home. A window was visible, and it was raining outside. The sound and visuals were actually meant to make you feel cozy, but for ppl like me it also helped concentrate big time
The Stranger
The Stranger
Rain is my favourite weather. I enjoy both listening and falling asleep to it, and going out in it and feeling it on my skin. I just love it. It's one of the few things that clears my head of all the noise and chaotic thoughts and feelings. It brings me peace.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I also like that it drives nearly everyone, and everything, away to find shelter, leaving me alone to wander about the streets without my anxiety becoming too overwhelming.
MechScapeZH
MechScapeZH
I would do the same, @The Stranger, were it not for my allergy. I prefer solitude too. The game you mention @standardplayer would drive me nuts- I'll stick to GB Tetris. @MushroomCake28 I just realized that my post could be interpreted as insulting- I meant no insult. I think that I am funny, and sometimes I say things that could be misinterpreted in text.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
@MechScapeZH No worries! I know very well that we're just having a good time around here! Especially when @The Stranger jumps in hehehe
Shaz
Shaz
You all don't know what you're talking about. Ice cream and chocolate are equally delicious! Especially together!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Inspired by @fluffymonster 's Cute Ghost
His name is POKO!
I made a giant tree + treehouse for the next country woods pack \o\
Calculated my tax refund - CHEERS
Looked at my student debt - cries
Still, might be just enough left over to pay for my new computer, which would be awesome!
And my student debt will be fully paid, which is also pretty nice.
They say nice guys finish last. But mean guys don't finish at all!
I keep forgetting how much I hate how VX-MV implements fences and autotile tables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeziaG96