RPG Maker Forums

MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Depends if you're coming from XP or VXA. MV is much closer to VXA than XP (tilesets, mapping, database, file system, etc.)
dragon1up
dragon1up
Stick with 1.6.1 version or roll back to it as Yanfly doodas only support that version and it makes parallel mapping easier. Unless you already know how to do such.
I migrated to MV ages and enjoy using it a lot more then then VX Ace.
Shaz
Shaz
1.6.2 and 1.6.1 are the same as far as core scripts goes, so Doodads should work with 1.6.2 which is the latest.
FirestormNeos
FirestormNeos
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Well then MV will be really familiar to you. It's pretty much VXA but upgraded, and in javascript instead of Ruby (even the code is very similar, divided the same way, variables are named almost the same, etc.).
dragon1up
dragon1up
@Shaz oh really I thought they didn't work at all ...mine didn't for some reason which was strange, unless I'm mistaking it for something.

@FirestormNeos Well you good to go then as Shaz mentioned.
Shaz
Shaz
@dragon1up must have been another reason then. I was told a while ago they were the same, and I had a reason to compare each script a few days ago. Apart from the version # in the script headers, there were no differences. I think Japanese version got an update (new resources?) so ours was renumbered to stay synced.
dragon1up
dragon1up
@Shaz that's handy to know then just was curious what was happening.
Archeia
Archeia
MV is an HTML5/JS engine. Any hack workarounds you used to do in VXA might be (most likely) "bad game dev practices" due to resource handling and optimization. It's Asynchronous as opposed to preloading everything at the beginning and tends to dispose resources out of memory if they're unused at a specific amount of time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Welp, the bullying hadn't let up so I decided to make him a marchpane cake with Miku Hatsune on it, cause marchpane is his favorite food. :3 I wish I knew how to bake better. I'm better at making non-bake homemade candy sweets. :kaothx:
RPG Maker Games Critique with @StudioBlueGames, Episode 13 starts now! In Collector, megacorps rule the penthouses and gangs rule the streets. What adventures will we find! Watch now.

Finished my Sprite for Koro :D
Evil7 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renjen