RPG Maker Forums

standardplayer
standardplayer
Your placeholders will understand. If they don't, send em to me. *cracks knuckles*
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Huh... I didn't anticipate them looking like absolute garbage in Ultramode7. I guess my project is about to make a major switch, I either ditched the 2.5D animated monsters, or I ditch Ultramode7. :kaosigh:
standardplayer
standardplayer
I've tried a couple different things like Ultramode7 and MV3D. Both are awesome, but major graphical stuff does have its drawbacks. I ended up just going without either, there's lots of ways to stand out
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Yeah it seems to make the game run at 30-40 fps, but with it off it runs at 60 fps. So the graphical hit is very real. I do like surreal effect it gives, it fits my game very well. That being said I end up needing to reset my map generator at around 500 events to avoid slowdown. If I ran without Ultramode7... I could likely get much, much higher.
standardplayer
standardplayer
MV is demanding to begin with, unfortunately. I do a lot of graphical js/PIXI stuff with it, and I've definitely learned some tricks to avoid fps drops. 60 fps is a must for me, because you notice it so easily when it drops. I never did enough in M7 to get a drop, and MV3D stayed 60 fps for me, but it took over the upper Layer. i.e. couldn't do my graphical stuff
standardplayer
standardplayer
I mean, I could have worked around it but I had so much by the time I tested MV3D that it just wasn't gonna happen lol
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Yeah, initial generation causes a bit of a drop to 40fps for about 2-3 seconds. The player's locked in place though... Also I'm testing on a potato computer with most of it's resources intentionally already used to simulate a phone. I was a bit off on my numbers I just setup a test showing the total events, and at least 50 active events on the screen, 100+ passive events....
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
The first test was 250 events, Ultramode7 ended up around 30 fps, without it was 60fps. The second test at 500 events had Ultramode7 at slideshow status. Without was closer to 45-50 fps. At 750 events without was a slideshow. Imagine if the computer got to use it's full power.... or if it didn't suck as a computer. :LZSwink:
standardplayer
standardplayer
Why need so many events at once?
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
For reference the test potato computer is a A10-7850k 3.70 ghz, 8gb ram, and a GTX 1060 6GB.... I've got it using 55% of it's processor and 63% of it's RAM before running my tests.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
The entire world is generated through events, the player is even running on top of events, the projectiles are events... In fact there's event a little bit of event in all of us. :LZSexcite:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apoorv