RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Foster Kitty 1, Shaz's external hard drive 0
  • Haha
Reactions: Shaz
Shaz
Shaz
ALL my stuff is on that hard drive. Email, receipts for taxation, all my game dev, including my sandbox projects for each MV version and a dozen backups of my game. I just never backed up the entire hard drive :( And I feel bad that kitty just wanted to get up for cuddles, and I kept putting her on the floor. Karma sucks!
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Yikes, stories like this are exactly the reason I do cloud backups, especially for business stuff. How's your hard drive Repairfu? If it's not good it seems like you'll need to improve it to counter the awesome might of foster kitty. :o
Shaz
Shaz
My hard drive Repairfu is level 1. I can't even open the thing! And given that if I make a mistake (which is incredibly likely) I lose everything, I'm not game to try. Just waiting for tomorrow when everything is open again. Have messaged a couple of places in town for quotes. See where we go from there ...
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
That's fair, it's probably not the best place to start leveling up that skill. Though they are pretty neat to take apart if you ever get the chance.
Reactions: Shaz
Shaz
Shaz
Yeah, my husband does stuff like that but only after they're deemed beyond repair. What's on there is too valuable to risk it. Though I might ask him to try, if the quotes end up being too high.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
It's kind of one of those things that's worth the money in my opinion. I don't know if your computer repair shops are like what we have here, but most just hire minimum wage slaves who don't really know anything. Of course they never tell you that upfront, so they usually just end up breaking it even further.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I get a lot of friends and family who bring me the results of that, and I usually turn to Youtube videos to try and fix it. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. But if you're thinking of having your husband do it, there are a lot of hard drive repair videos on Youtube to walk him through it.
Shaz
Shaz
I watched one and couldn't get the case open. He might be able to, but I'd rather hire someone who's done it more frequently. I suspect the shops over here are people who all started in a spare room of their house as hobbyists and decided to turn it into a business. I'm more comfortable fixing problems with programs than with hardware. Hubby builds his own computers. But still, this is important data.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

fighting game fans might really enjoy my game battle wise, and I feel non fighting fans might learn some stuff. thanks row system. pokes, neutral, and zoning time...
This community is awesome. They helped me get my eventing processes to work. I love you all.
suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safrasnativa