RPG Maker Forums

samkfj
samkfj
Perhaps the other $450 are in exposure.
  • Haha
Reactions: Shaz
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
Honestly, I really just wouldn’t use Facebook. It sure seems convenient, but I think it’s too personal and people think they can haggle you down.
Shaz
Shaz
Yesterday I just happened to stumble on a youtube video where the guy was talking about negotiation - and how to handle people who try to talk you down from an already-fair price. I'm just a bit floored that they thought there was any chance I would go down that much! If it were the other way around, I wouldn't even bother making an offer if that was all it was going to be.
Cryptic
Cryptic
It depends on what it is, but that is a very big difference. The lowest I would haggle is like $5-$10 not $450.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
So start with an unfair price, then when they try and talk you down it will be the price you wanted. And if they don't try and talk you down, well then you just make more money. :LZSwink:
Shaz
Shaz
Nah. I ask for a little more than I'm willing to accept, to allow for a bit of negotiation. But I don't like a lot of back and forth, and there's no way this person was going to reach my real price if they started that low. I expect offers to be reasonable. This one was just way out of the ballpark. I don't think I've ever had someone ask for such a big discount before.
Shaz
Shaz
@PixelHeart you're right. Just posted it to Gumtree, where I've also sold before. Fewer time wasters than fb. I just didn't want to go to the extra trouble, but I should have known better.
MrKiwi
MrKiwi
I'll give you $5 and a kiwi, deal?
Reactions: Shaz

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

stock analyst lady
Well, since I'm in lockdown, I guess it's finally time to get serious into rpgmaking... almost 20 years later.
Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FIL