RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Definitely much better than my previous system of storing their event IDs in an array, and just culling the oldest one. Especially with MV's poor handling of arrays when leaving and returning to a map. :LZSskeptic:
standardplayer
standardplayer
Setup a system to respawn enemies that have been culled, cloning them and depositing them back onto the map, relative to the player's scrolledX and scrolledY. Take that, framerate!
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Oh there as already a system to spawn them in. In fact the whole level is spawned in. I did get the amusing thing of having to include a blood cleaning setup as well. Turns out making enemies explode in blood pools actually eventually starting eating up RAM even if their events are set to inactive. It's pretty funny though..... I regret nothing! :LZScool:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Also what's player scrolledX & Y property referencing? Up until now I've been basing stuff on gameplayer.x & y and just putting it in relation to that. Though I'm open to more efficient stuff if it exists. :LZSexcite:
standardplayer
standardplayer
All characters, players, followers, events, have a .scrolledX() and .scrolledY() function. These return their x and y relative to the current position of the screen. So wherever on the map your screen is viewing, the top left of that is 0, 0. If a character is on the top left, and one tile higher than your screen, so you can't see them, their scrolledY would be -1. Make sense?
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Well that's exciting, I can't say I've ever heard of that property before. Hmm... Not sure that's really better or worse than just distance calculation but I'll likely test it and see if it does anything for lag. At this point my only real lag points are some of the enemy projectiles are a bit much (I haven't really reworked that to what I want yet), and the initial map generation.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wow RPG Maker MV 2 is really good
I was planning to release a useless plugin for april fools, but then I thought I let it be.
Tfw every dev around me is using Live2D in their MV games and make me question my skills repeatedly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charisma6