RPG Maker Forums

standardplayer
standardplayer
Because they're awesome. They're one of my favorite kind of games, although I honestly don't play them that often. Actually my first was AVP on PS2, and I was addicted. Company of Heroes is actually one of my all time favs
The Stranger
The Stranger
It's Company of Heroes that made me create this status update. xD Absolutely terrible at it. Team games vs A.I? LOL! Not a chance. Your allies do nothing at all. And unless there's a chokepoint I can defend, I even suck at 1v1. The computer just swarms all over the map and I get frustrated very quickly. No one seems to play anything other than PVP online either. :(
standardplayer
standardplayer
That's what it was like for me at first, I had to play a while until I developed a technique. PIck a 'lane', and fortify it. As you fortify a place, make a semi-effort to attack and capture the places along side and in front of it, but in reality your focusing on building a lane. Once I would reach the second or third 'point' in a lane, then I'd secure the other two close-to-home points in the other lanes.
standardplayer
standardplayer
At first I'd try to capture everything, that would fail quick. Then I'd try to capture the three closest-to-home points, but in that time, the enemy would grab one or two of the midfield points, effectively getting them a lane halfway across to me, with no threat to their side. As a rule, you should never lose the first point you choose to capture, at any time, or you gotta check your technique
The Stranger
The Stranger
Maybe it was just the faction I was using. I was playing as the Panzer Elite, and they don't seem to have any defences whatsoever.
Kuro DCupu
Kuro DCupu
I love fighting game even though I suck on it
The Stranger
The Stranger
I can understanding enjoying something even though you're not very good at it, but playing these games just frustrates me and leaves me feeling like crap. I really have no idea why I keep trying to play them.
standardplayer
standardplayer
Because you like them. You just gotta try different methods, you will find one that works. I haven't played any recent version of Company of Heroes, but back when, I sucked at it. But I just kept playing skirmishes until it started making better sense to me, and I developed some methods. You can do it!
The Stranger
The Stranger
I think I'm just trying to recapture that feeling I had when I played my first PC game ever - C&C Red Alert. All of these games just have too much going on, and so much stuff to fart around with. lol. I did hear that EA is remastering the original C&C and Red Alert games, which I'm really looking forward to.
MrKiwi
MrKiwi
I'm big fan of the Age of Empires series, I tried to introduce it to some friends, but they always quit saying its: a) too slow, not enough action or b) too complex, anoying or frustrating.

I'll go cry in a nearby bush now :c
The Stranger
The Stranger
I liked the pace of AOE2, but hated the villager management aspect. I enjoyed the way Rise of Nations handled economy far more than in AOE; just assign villagers to a resource gathering building, and they do the rest. I don't like dealing with economies in strategy games.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
So you like to continue playing, continue losing, and continue getting frustrated. Someone who likes pain... what is it called again? Oh right, I can't say that word on this forum xD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apoorv