RPG Maker Forums

RCXDan
RCXDan
like this?
Blackyu
Blackyu
A good example you see in debates today would be Cognitive Dissonance, I believe. After all, it sounds so cool to replace 'I disagree with the point of view that you are defending' with a condescending 'You are in a state of cognitive dissonance'. Obviously the other one is going through an obscure psychological phenomenon for them to disagree with me ??
I'm definitely waiting for someone to try that on me.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
I usually see it when one person begins to realize that they're "losing" the argument and so they begin to throw around larger words. It's a tactic that would've worked if the internet didn't exist.. But... I mean, we can google what your words mean and point out you're using them wrong. It's easier to just talk how you talk.
Blackyu
Blackyu
Yeah, though the main problem is that most people won't look it up, and so, like pretty much every word originating from psychology and appropriated by society, its meaning will just be deformed. And, as a psychology enthusiast, it makes me sad :c

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yay! One of my Youtube videos got to 100 views (in 2 days)! This Youtube thing is great, it's like the profile posts except I get to annoy entertain more people at once! Now I just have to practice my "Leave a like and hit that Subscribe button" shilling technique. :LZSexcite:
Just found out there is an about me page. I updated it and happy the way its looking!
Ladies and Gentlemen, I can't act like things will be ok anymore. It needs to be said: We have a Pandemic...
Release version of Pillow Hero is out on windows now! --> https://bit.ly/2USHKLv
Stream will be live shortly! Feeling like doing some Minecraft instead of DK64 since it has been a bit! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klimber