RPG Maker Forums

RCXDan
RCXDan
like this?
Blackyu
Blackyu
A good example you see in debates today would be Cognitive Dissonance, I believe. After all, it sounds so cool to replace 'I disagree with the point of view that you are defending' with a condescending 'You are in a state of cognitive dissonance'. Obviously the other one is going through an obscure psychological phenomenon for them to disagree with me ??
I'm definitely waiting for someone to try that on me.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
I usually see it when one person begins to realize that they're "losing" the argument and so they begin to throw around larger words. It's a tactic that would've worked if the internet didn't exist.. But... I mean, we can google what your words mean and point out you're using them wrong. It's easier to just talk how you talk.
Blackyu
Blackyu
Yeah, though the main problem is that most people won't look it up, and so, like pretty much every word originating from psychology and appropriated by society, its meaning will just be deformed. And, as a psychology enthusiast, it makes me sad :c
standardplayer
standardplayer
I have a belief that the purpose of communication between people is to effectively transmit an idea from one person to another. If you can correct their spelling or grammar, then you effectively received the communication, and are just criticizing it, making the communication less effective.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.
If you had some musical requests in line with me.. feel free to re post! Corona has killed me and have recently got my internet back <3
I'm now working on procedural generated World Maps for my own project.
Is there anyone who's interested in having this Plugin for his own game?
I have a dream where RMer are not blinded and too dependant on published script / plugins...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRoXaS29