RPG Maker Forums

standardplayer
standardplayer
Damn sorry man, I wish there was some way I could double dragon jump-and-spin-in-place kick your psychiatrist and tell them to get it together
The Stranger
The Stranger
It's been the same old story since I was 13. They seem to be more interested in giving you labels and prescribing drugs than anything else.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I still remember when I was prescribed ritalin by my child psychiatrist, and all it did was make staying awake almost impossible. I stood waiting for a girlfriend, and it was so hard staying awake standing up that people kept asking me if I wa sokay, and if I needed help. Turned out I didn't need ritalin at all. Nothing has changed. Still pushing drugs. Still not listening to me.
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
So sorry to hear that. It's tough... makes you feel more helpless cause the one you're going to for help is useless... But don't lose hope! There's this famous Tagore song "jodi tor dak shune keu na ashe tobe ekla cholo re" You'll make it without the help of your stupid psychiatrist! :kaopride: Stay optimistic kay?
The Stranger
The Stranger
I told him that the majority of my coping strategies no longer work. His response? 'Hmm. Well, just keep doing them.' My support worker is looking into having my psychiatrist changed. I hope I get one who is a bit more interested in their work.
MrKiwi
MrKiwi
Just as a doubt, why do you go to psychiatrist? Do you have any mental illness? :blink:
The Stranger
  • Sad
Reactions: MrKiwi
MrKiwi
MrKiwi
Oh my... can't believe that such an incompetent guy can legally work as psychiatrist, its disgusting in many senses >:c
The Stranger
The Stranger
Mental health services are still pretty bad here. I've seen some good people before, but I've mainly been exposed to the bad. Had some good CPNs (community psychiatric nurses), mostly uncaring psychiatrists, and some good psychologists and other therapists. Unfortunately, I was sort of kicked to the curb when I turned 25, dropped on my GP due to my age. So, now I'm trying to find people who I can work with again.
mlogan
mlogan
Would it perhaps be more beneficial to find a therapist? Either way, *hugs*.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@mlogan I think so. I have this psychiatrist because my doctor thought I'd benefit from it. The assessment was great, the doctor doing the interview promised so much, but none of those promises became a reality. Just stuck seeing this same psychiatrist for 5-10 minutes every two or three months.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I just don't think having my meds checked is all that helpful. I don't want my life to be nothing more than popping pills and collecting benefits. I've started seeing another therapist, after the CBT ended in failure, but it's too early to tell if it's working. Kinda feels like people give up on you after you hit 25, like you just become a lost cause.
gstv87
gstv87
that's because psychiatrists, like psychologists, learn their trade from books.
a trade, that is based on dealing with people..... most specifically, the one part of a person's body that not even the owner can possibly know or feel anything about.
you see the problem.... right?
gstv87
gstv87
with a physician, you can tell them where it hurts... they can screen you, sample you, and test you.
there's physical processes that can be contrasted with a thousand years of studies of physical principles.
how do you test the brain for the cause of a broken heart or a road rage incident?
The Stranger
The Stranger
@gstv87 I agree. Sometimes psychiatric problems can be linked to other thngs, but what about the mental illnesses that don't have any obvious cause? What about those who don't respond to drugs? If you raise concerns about your meds, because you don't want the nasty side-effects some of them come with (weight gain, problems with immune system, etc) then you're sometimes called non-compliant.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I'm not non-compliant, I just don't want to be a zombie. lol. I hate taking these meds. hate it. The anti-depressants simply don't work for me, but the anti-psychotics kinda work.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuneWagic