RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Honestly they stigmatize themselves by doing things like I just mentioned. If they quietly sat out of the way most people wouldn't care Also if they decided to use the public restrooms we provide for them instead of crapping on the sidewalk, or stopped leaving trash everywhere for me to clean up. It's really stuff like that that really turns people against them. Respect is earned, not deserved.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
But yes, I wish homelessness on no one. Though very few people plan ahead for emergencies just in case. Most people I know are in crippling debt and live paycheck to paycheck to buy needless crap. Personally, I could quit working for at least 2 years at this point and be able to cover my bills. I made my last two jobs, and one day would love to be a game designer (meaning a third job I would have made).
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
It's been my experience that people who work hard, and plan ahead rarely end up homeless. I don't know about you, but I have backup plans just in case things go bad. I mean besides two years worth of living expenses. :LZSwink:
standardplayer
standardplayer
Look I hear what you're saying, I get it. I'm not unaware of the repulsion. But I can promise you their behavior occurs over time. They don't start by crapping on sidewalks. They get tired of people looking down on them simply for being homeless. They get called lazy. They get called drunks or drug addicts, when a lot of times those two problems only occur or intensify because of their situation
standardplayer
standardplayer
Just imagine how you'd feel when a super rich person would look down on you for not being super rich, and think that you're lazy, or see you as someone who doesn't deserve wealth. When you have nothing, $100 bucks is a fortune. When you have nothing, a minimum wage worker is rich to you. Respect is indeed earned, but so is disrespect, and I promise it's not the homeless making that down payment, not initially
standardplayer
standardplayer
I'm not saying there aren't homeless folks who are very much responsible for their own position. I've met those. But just like any kind of prejudice, most of them aren't like that, but they have to carry the mantle of the bad interactions we've had with the ones who are
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
You know, I'm envious of you. You see good in people, where most would not. Whether you are correct or not, I wouldn't want to see that taken away from you. California takes that away from all of us, and it's not until we visit other places that we really what a bunch of miserable jerks (would be a less kind word on a less formal forum) we actually are.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I'm a Californian through and through, which means I'm well past dead inside. The joke being that I've lived long enough to see myself a villain, and even long enough to learn... I don't care that I am. :LZSexcite:
standardplayer
standardplayer
Hey man, I def get it. What you're up against is a much larger, more concentrated beast. It's hard not to feel a certain way, and I agree that CA can be a miserable, polarizing place. Lol it ain't all HW and Silicon Valley
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
*dresses a bum up in a puppy outfit* Listen, I'm not a real monster *kicks the puppy bum* I'd definitely never kick a real puppy, that would be awful! :LZSskeptic:
standardplayer
standardplayer
Even though a lot of outside-looking-in perspectives make it seem like a wonderful paradise
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
You know I moved to Portland for a year, and it was there I really saw the effect we have on people. I was walking through Washington Square Mall and everybody was giving me a wide birth. They just scattered to the sides. In California even the tiniest person just jumps in my way, often they've even rude about it.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
But yes, we have great PR. Probably Hollywood's/Disney's fault. So everybody thinks it's great here... Don't worry, we welcome your wonderfully hopeful people. The most hopeful ones are the most fun to break... er... *coughs* I mean... they're the most enjoyable to be around. :LZSexcite:
standardplayer
standardplayer
Lol there's worse places. I live 15 mins from what was considered Murdertown USA for a while. Currently there are gangs of kids killing each other out here
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Well that's exciting. At first I thought you meant Detroit... because it's everybody's favorite dumpster to make fun of. Didn't realize Delaware had a place referred to as that. Though from what I read it didn't sound like gangs running around killing people. So I gather you're talking about a different area.
standardplayer
standardplayer
Oh there's plenty of gangs that operate out here, especially with the proximity to NJ, Philly, Baltimore, and our own city of Wilmington. They mostly killb each other, and trust that the media doesn't report even half of it
standardplayer
standardplayer
The kids are OMB (Only My Brothers) and STK (Shoot to Kill). These kids mainly attack or shoot each other for social media cred, and obv therefore get caught and arrested
standardplayer
standardplayer
A few years ago, a soccer game got shot up, but it didn't last long because virtually everyone in the crowd fired back XD
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I stand corrected. The world really is a surprising place, especially for those silly gang members. :LZSwink:
standardplayer
standardplayer
Yeah, lotta dl flags around this country in general. I'll keep it 100% with you - I don't go where they go. I want to live lol I want to see the next half of Rick and Morty season 4. I wanna live to see all the seasons of Rick and Morty.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Imagine being a pleb and using --------------------.js :LZSwink:
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist Part 2 ---

Survivalist: Now,I going to Test you: Fishing with Spear
M.Spear Knight: Leave it to me.
(M.Spear Knight Spearing the Fish with His Battle Spear)
M.Spear Knight: How it is?
Survivalist: I know you did it,but...Is that the Spear for Battle,not for Fishing?
M.Spear Knight: But,is that same?
Survivalist: (Sigh)...Whatever
Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThighBaby34