RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
It's despicable that people spread lies at such a time. There's not only been fake news and statistics on the virus, but even fake cures and nonsense preventative measures. I shouldn't be surprised though, people prey upon one another even more than usual during times of strife.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
It's just par for the course these days. Though to be fair it's always been human nature, we just have a significantly more efficient system of spreading misinformation these days. Yay progress! :LZSwink:
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
The fake cure news are really insane. I've seen a couple, obviously fake.

But about statistics, I can tell you guys that numbers from China underestimate the number of cases and deaths in China (obvious though).
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
As you know, I'm Asian, and some friends have connections in China (news spread so fast in WeChat). A friend of mine is from Wuhan, and her family told us that the government are sending truckS (yes, with an s at the end) to dispose of corpses because they weren't enough trucks before.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
What does this mean to the real number of deaths? Well I don't know, but it's certainly not as low as they say. Is is 2X more? 5X? 10x more? 100x more? I don't know, and truth be told, no one knows.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Hence the "that they'll admit to" I added on. The Chinese Communist Party is well known for it's "honesty" and "integrity". And is famed for only ever speaking the truth about all things. ($100 has been deposited into your Paypal account, delete this part of the message before posting!)
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
[this comment has been removed by The Chinese Communist Party]
The Stranger
The Stranger
@MushroomCake28 Haven't heard about that. Either it hasn't been reported, or I've just not read about it. Are they burning the corpses? I have heard that Wuhan has been quarantined, and that the Chinese government is preventing people from entering or leaving. I hope a treatment, if not a vaccine, is discovered soon.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
@The Stranger It's not public information. It's a WeChat post from people in Wuhan (it's only in Chinese). It's my friend's mother's friend (It's starting to be from far source, I know), and she works at a hospital in Wuhan. I'll see if I can find the message, but I'm not sure I should post it here tbh.
EDIT: Technically public since it's a public post from Wechat, but I meant not mainstream info.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Good old China, a country best known for valuing human life. On an unrelated note what type of organ did you need again? They need at least a week's advance notice to get it.... Oh you'll pay double? Huh, this is a surprise an exact match is already there. Tomorrow is fine! :LZSexcite:
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
As for the corpses, I have no idea if they burn them or what. All I know is the about the trucks. It might have been an exaggerated story, but the underlying premise might still be valid.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I would be careful with taking messages over a social network at face value. People of course never exaggerate nor miscount. :LZSwink: I'm sure the CCP isn't being honest. But if it were really even 10x the numbers, they wouldn't be able to hide it for long. 100x and news would already be everywhere, after all I doubt you'll the only people with a person on the inside.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
People keep secrets these days as long as it takes them to pick up a phone. :LZSwink:
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Of course, I know that. My point is that they are hiding some cases, and no one knows the exact number.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Of course, and even if they were being completely honest (doubtful), during a state of emergency like that, it's difficult to maintain accurate counts. Especially if it's worse than previously estimated. Eventually we'll likely have a more accurate count, once the CCP's reputation is no longer damaged by it.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
For now though their economy is a debt based one (much worse then the US). They have pumped incredible amounts of money into their infrastructure to basically have a super fast industrial revolution. A system like that works only so long as you keep expanding ahead of the debt. So for now I'm sure the CCP is most worried about people being too afraid to work.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
That's the real danger here, if they can't get their people working again fast enough then their economy which is already very dangerously unbalanced, will collapse. Then any country heavily reliant on China will also feel those effects. So I'm not really concerned about the Coronavirus, that's not the real danger here at all. Its just more sensational than the real problem.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Exactly, and to be honest they did a good job to make investors believe that everything is all right (hence the super high stock market the last couple weeks).
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Agreed, the various "Chicken Littles" of the world haven't been yelling the sky is falling quite yet. Well at least not the important ones with all the money. I don't care what the fools on Twitter say, they're not really important. They're always screaming and crying about something. :LZSwink:
bgillisp
bgillisp
I moved my stocks to cash (except for a couple dividend stocks) about a week ago as I felt like the ones I held were on a bubble anyways so I'm just sitting and waiting myself. Worked out so far the stock dropped $10 a share last week and another $10 a share today.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Social distancing extended for another week. Personally I'm cool, but this is depressing.
GOOOOD MOOORNING!
APRIL WILL BE BETTER!
First time I've seen the shelves full in my local shop in a while. Still no soap, though.
RachelTheSeeker wrote on StormyRange's profile.
Hey! Haven't I seen you before? :p Good to see you on a RPG Maker site; am pleasantly surprised. :)
When you really think about it, the Trolley Problem is pretty dumb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimsonBlack