The_switchify
The_switchify
how did you break into my moms basement
The_switchify
The_switchify
cuz thats me lying on the bed
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
Did you make that? That’s really freaking awesome! I hope I get that good one day
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
May I ask what tile size these are? 48x48?
Finnuval
Finnuval
Looks awesome, but then I wouldn't expect any less from you
dragoonwys
dragoonwys
@PixelHeart Nawwwww thank you very much, yes I made these 48X48 MV tiles:LZSproud: Don't worry, you'll get to the level you aim for one day! Just practice, look at good examples and critics from people, and you'll see yourself getting better and better.

@Finnuval Thank you LOL you give me too much flattery! :rwink:
Finnuval
Finnuval
Haha and humble as always... but no, that is not too much credit my friend. It is very much deserved :)
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
X3 thanks, I will keep practicing! I love pixel art, and I can tell that I have gotten better since I first started.
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
May I ask you one other things, about how long would you say it took to make that? I know its not great to compare your own progress to another persons, but I feel like it takes sooooo long to complete one or two 16x16 tiles.... I get kind of impatient I guess, but then I look at someone on youtube "speed painting" a whole scene in merely an hour or two T_T .... oi, feel so inadequate.
Finnuval
Finnuval
@PixelHeart IO know you didn;t ask me but I wanna chip in here for a sec anyway :D Two things to consider : ppl that expose their speed-painting skills are highly experienced in whatever medium they are using (they didn't learn to do that in a year) and 2) they have a solid planned idea of what they are going to make... more often then not already made several dry-runs before hand off camera.
dragoonwys
dragoonwys
@PixelHeart Sure! But first gotta agree with Finnuval, videos tend to gloss over that they know what they are doing, or they experimented off camera before recording :LZSlol: I know the latter well cause Im one of those artists!
This took me 2hrs to create. Actually its longer since I can't remember how long it took me to experiment on texturing straw before starting this...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MORTEMFACE