RPG Maker Forums

bgillisp
bgillisp
@Dalph My school looks like a scene for a horror movie right now due to how quiet it is, and we only got 8 cases in my entire state.
bgillisp
bgillisp
I was just at walmart. The city police were there on standby, probably just to prevent any paniced people doing dumb things. And I'm shocked how low the TP was there, what do these people plan to eat that they need that much TP???
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
Speaking of an economy, Have you seen price gouging near your local stores? Only see the stores is implement a quotas system of certain items.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
They think that they're never going to be able to leave the house, basically. It's turned into a Black Friday sale in some places, though.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Where I'm at no price gouging unless you go online, as if you price gouge here and get caught it is a massive fine.
gstv87
gstv87
there are other diseases that kill many more people a year, and have been killing more people a year for several years, but suddenly everyone worries about this one virus.
what's next? "I infect myself with the virus to follow the trend" vlogs?

I mean.... as times go, I wouldn't be surprised!
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@bgillisp, yes in the US there is anti-price-gouging law. However, other countries may occur I do not know.
@gstv87, I think people panic because it is a pandemic and spread worldwide. It is spread and no cured for now. Plus, it still spread despite quarantine. [The fear is not deadliness, but how fast it spread worldwide]
Storyteller-Hero
Storyteller-Hero
To make it simple to understand: Flu kills 1 in 1,000 infected. COVID-19 kills 1 in 30.

If COVID-19 is given the same amount of freedom to spread, it will kill a lot more than flu in the same amount of time; that is why COVID-19 is getting more attention than flu.
bgillisp
bgillisp
The problem with that # is we don't know 100% how many have COVID-19. We're not testing everyone, just those we suspect of having it, so it is a skewed statistic. To get a true statistic, we'd have to test everyone to make sure we don't miss someone who has it.
pasunna
pasunna
how do I turn off notification from this... haha...
it look like this will never end...
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
That's the problem. Plus, there are flu shots that help to treat the common flu. There are no shots for this virus.
Riazey
Riazey
I think there are shots to help maybe prevent glus not treat it right? The preventative shot is recommended right now because corvid19 is quite similar to the flu strand.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Riazey COVID-19 is not the same as the flu strains our flu vaccines are used against, so they wouldn't do much, if anything, against it. COVID-19 is related to SARS and MERS, but isn't either of those two deadlier viruses. COVID-19, as the WHO have said, is it's own unique thing with differing behaviour, symptoms, etc.
The Stranger
The Stranger
The only preventative measure against COVID-19, so far, is observing good hygiene practices - washing your hands properly, and not touching your eyes with unwashed hands. That's not going to help if someone coughs or sneezes in your face though. lol.
_Shadow_
_Shadow_
The Stranger, that might not protect you 100% though. Anyway, I admit I didn't expect such a warm participation on this dialogue. Let me make this a conversation on off topic then to share thoughts and spread positivity and support to all of us around. We need it these times.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Dreadshadow Very true. There's no foolproof way to fully protect yourself from this other than complete isolation on top of a mountain somewhere; might still get it even then. lol. I hope the hostilities towards Chinese folk, or just anyone who even remotely looks Chinese, ceases. We're fighting a virus, not other people.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Whether they are fearmongering a normal virus or fearmongering what will later be known as the infamous "virusX" the end result is the same. The panic helps nobody. The media and health organizations should have been advising people to get a couple weeks supplies ready on the unlikely event that trade gets interrupted as the virus spreads way back in January.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Of course back then they were to busy calling anyone voicing concern about it a "xenophobic fear-monger" instead. If they hadn't initially acted so irresponsibly maybe we'd be somewhat prepared by the time it actually started to look serious rather than beating each other up over tp in the supermarkets while the same media now shouts "panic damn you!"
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@The Stranger where are the reports of these "hostilities"? I was in my local Chinese restaurant just last week and they were getting plenty of business. All I've seen are media reports previously claiming wanting to shut down travel to China was racist (back before it spread) and claims that calling it WUFLU were, but have yet to see any case of someone being bigoted to Asians over it beyond that.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
and If WuFlu (Wuhan Flu) is so racist, wouldn't that make Ebola, West Nile, Ross River Fever, Marburg disease etc etc all racist as well? Heck if you want to argue we need to restructure our colloquial naming schemes to be more sensitive or whatever I'll bite, but saying that naming a virus after the area it was first discovered is straight up "racist, xenophobic and hostile" is a bit of a stretch for me personally.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Alberest so far, got a lot done but still ALOT left to do.
Wish I had a better means of taking screenshots...
Map is 148x98

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziipan