RPG Maker Forums

Conflictx3
Conflictx3
You gonna get alot of backlash I would def change this if I were you lol idk if you use reddit but the FF7R reddit has officially announced Jesse the new queen over tifa and aerith. But I do agree with you its gonna crush unsuspecting fans, I have a theory it's not gonna happen when we remember but during one of the new scenes to keep old players on their toes too
The Stranger
The Stranger
She dies pretty early on in the original game. How have they turned such a minor, throw away character into something so big?
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
As a villain obvious hero of the story, I'm definitely only going to laugh at anybody who is upset by a 23 year old spoiler. Actually if you think about it, I spoiled the second game too for them with my "Aeris dies" comment. That's like a bonus deal! :kaopride:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
But yeah, with the entire game being in Midgar, they're going to have 30 extra hours plus of story in there. Really she dies in such a pointless non-descript way, she was practically a footnote in the original game. So I expect them to try and make people feel her death this time.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
@The Stranger I mean they're only working with Midgar, they kind of had to take a whole lot of pointless and turn it into something big since there's 3-4 hours of gameplay in Midgar in the original game.
The Stranger
The Stranger
You sorta just sumble upon her dying on a staircase in the original. lol. Same goes for every other member of AVALANCHE. Her death, as well as the deaths of all AVALANCE members, served as extra motivation for Barret to take down Shinra, though.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Oh yeah, I believe the dialogue was something ike,

Cloud: Female extra 21D, what happened?

Female extra 21D: I is teh ded! Blaaaaarrrrrrrrgggg!

Cloud: Nuuuuuuuuu!

Barret: At least I hit that.

Tifa: We done here? I haven't had a drink at least 10 minutes! These boobs are my liquor store and they're shrinking!

Cloud: Oh shiii... Is that why they're always so big? Damn alcoholics!
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I might be remembering it incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure that's probably close. :LZSwink:
dreamfall887
dreamfall887
Nooooo! Why did you have to remind me?! XD
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
For what it's worth, she dies off camera. You talk to her while she's wounded one last time. Of course Shinra drops a piece of the upper city on the sector 7 slums where she's at so er... She would realistically be dead. But Tifa would also realistically be stuck chest first to the ground so er... They could write her as surviving. :LZSwink:
dreamfall887
dreamfall887
@ImaginaryVillain *covers ears* LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU. Y'ALL HEAR SOMETHING JUST NOW?

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I think the best part is, every time you see Sephiroth before finding him frozen in crystal... You're actually seeing Jenova pretending to be Sephiroth. Isn't that exciting? Technically Sephiroth isn't even in the remake unless it's a flashback. Take that Sephiroth fans! :LZSexcite:
dreamfall887
dreamfall887
yeah don't get me wrong I like Sephiroth but he is soooo overrated. There are other final fantasy villains (Kefka, Golbez, Sin) that are just as cool.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Sin was cool in a force of nature, like a tornado, is cool kinda way. It was an antagonist, but I'm not sure I'd call it a villain. I used to really like Sephiroth when I was young, but I don't so much nowadays. I can't really think of any FF villain I like now. lol.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Really I like Kefka, mostly because he actually managed to destroy the world. And really as a young villain hero, I needed someone to look up to. :LZSwink:
The Stranger
The Stranger
lol! One of the few villains to actually achieve his goal. Not only did he destroy the world, he became a god. Not like the others who stumble at the last step. I mean, Sephiroth summoned a meteor then peaced out. I guess Yu Yevon (FFX) had also won until Tidus showed up.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Yeah it turns out the FF Villains are really just a bunch of failures. Who knew it would take a guy who dresses like a clown to actually mean business? :LZSwink:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Honestly 6 was a weird game, lots of people died in it (General Leo, Cyan's family, Cid, Shadow, Locke's love, Setzer's love, etc) . It has a heavily implied rape scene. It has a cult. Kefka poisons to death a whole castle of innocents. Kefka enslaves Terra and makes her murder people. Kefka destroys the world. Celes can attempt suicide. And Terra literally has the power to transform into a naked furry. :LZSwink:
Conflictx3
Conflictx3
I forgot this is the RPG maker board, your not ruining it for anybody here, carry on with your antics, but yeah I gotta disagree mdigsr was not 3-4 hours it was atleast 15 - 20.
Conflictx3
Conflictx3
On a speed run maybe 6-8 hours but yeah they took every small detail and blew it up to grand portions, hell the first bombing which was about a smooth 40 minutes in the original is an hour now.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RM MV ACE? 2020? Super? Legends? Sword and Shield? 2.5D? RM Pixel? RM 2: Revenge of Squared RTP tiles? Don't mind me, I'm just wondering about what will be the name of the next engine.

So I came up with a new look for the paths, and along the way realized health bars are so overrated, so now a crazy red light trail follows her and gets shorter as her life decreases. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Am I allowed to make a recruitment thread NOT for RPG Maker stuff?

Like for a group project?
(NOT RPG Maker project.)
If the new RPG Maker's character generator produces full busts and can match the art styles of previous RPG Makers, that might be a big incentive to buy it. An easier way to craft custom map tile sheets though would probably be an even bigger game changer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GooseDenigoku