RPG Maker Forums

zerobeat032
zerobeat032
I feel the same about my job. I had a chance to leave but they changed what I did at work, so I didn't mind staying... I regret that now.
Leukah
Leukah
Thank you
:wub
NinjaKittyProductions
NinjaKittyProductions
This is the time to fight. If you are considered "essential" you need "essential" pay. Fight for $15!
CrowStorm
CrowStorm
"Essential" pay should be at least $25/hr. But even for a pittance like $15 I don't doubt that Walmart has done everything they can to make it impossible for her to fight for a living wage w/o consequences, in the form of illegal, immoral, unethical, and probably unconstitutional anti-union measures.
CrowStorm
CrowStorm
Ryisunique I am so sorry. Capitalism is some evil effin' BS. The best off people are getting paid to
stay at home, the great majority of people have lost a ton of hours as everything gets cancelled (that's where I fall), and only the people in the worst economic jeopardy already are being forced to actually go to their crap jobs and risk exposure to COVID-19. It makes me sick with rage.
zerobeat032
zerobeat032
I'm extremely lucky I essentially work alone most of the time now. because 10 an hour isn't worth it. but, I only work 3 days a week because of my autism.
Ryisunique
Ryisunique
I was granted full time status last month. $300 is nice, but there's another 6 day stretch in my future and several people at my store have taken the 2 weeks thanks to health concerns. Also, our Wal-Mart starts at 11 an hour. I feel worried now for the places that are outright shuttered at midnight. My cousin and a former coworker are in restaurants.
zerobeat032
zerobeat032
I, myself am worried about a lot of jobs in general. between us essential folks in the thick of it and people like my friend. He own's a comic book store and he's told me that the entire industry might cave in on itself for some big distribution mistakes. That could mean the end of his entire shop... It's getting really rough out here.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@CrowStorm A lot of people over here, those no longer allowed to work due to the lockdown, are being paid by the government during this time. I wouldn't blame capitalism for the lack of social safety nets in your country. Besides, some people still need to work the more important jobs else others wouldn't be able to get food and other things.
Nightblade50
Nightblade50
yeah jobs at grocery stores are very important now. Also working at one during COVID-19 - especially at Walmart - is a noble task
I think capitalism's generally fine and good
Leukah
Leukah
There's a petition in my state at the moment requesting that retail and grocery workers are paid as emergency employees. Maybe there's something similar in your state?
Ryisunique
Ryisunique
Unfortunately, I am doubtful about my state.
Leukah
Leukah
Rats. =/ You guys are the most important people, right now.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have a dream where RMer are not blinded and too dependant on published script / plugins...
RM MV ACE? 2020? Super? Legends? Sword and Shield? 2.5D? RM Pixel? RM 2: Revenge of Squared RTP tiles? Don't mind me, I'm just wondering about what will be the name of the next engine.

So I came up with a new look for the paths, and along the way realized health bars are so overrated, so now a crazy red light trail follows her and gets shorter as her life decreases. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Am I allowed to make a recruitment thread NOT for RPG Maker stuff?

Like for a group project?
(NOT RPG Maker project.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeback