RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I'm at nearly 1,500 hours of usage according to Steam and am just now starting to reach a state where I think my game is almost worth showing to people. Just learning the engine and doing anything meaningful with it usually takes hundreds of hours. So 470+ seems pretty normal to me.
Cryptic
Cryptic
I guess this is true. It has taken me a while to understand a lot of the engine and plugins and even a tiny bit of coding! However if it takes about 1000+ hours to learn the engine then I think at that point I might have learned enough by then. Also, half of those hours are probably me just having it open in the background.
Countyoungblood
Countyoungblood
32GB of what?
Cryptic
Cryptic
@Countyoungblood I'm saying that my laptop only has 32gb of space. Windows is like 28gb.
Nightblade50
Nightblade50
really? of hard drive space?
you should definitely get some more, if that is all of your hard drive...my laptop, I am using 900 gb at least
Cryptic
Cryptic
@Nightblade50 I'm thinking of getting an actual pc at some point (256gb I believe) so when I get one I'll be able to make games again without issues with storage or corruption. However, my budget is quite tight so I'll have to see
Astel
Astel
I probably have thousands of hours combined in all the makers, but I haven't finished even a single demo... but I'm a rather extreme case.
Poryg
Poryg
I have 2200+ hours, haven't finished a single demo. I guess it is normal. :D
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
@Cryptic I'm sure half of everybody's RM hours are it being opened in the background. :LZSwink: Honestly, I made my first game with on map combat at around 300 hours. It was about half a hour long and fine I guess... A good learning experience. I've actually made a few games, longest was 2-3 hours, but nothing I want my name on so I didn't release them. :LZSskeptic:
Cryptic
Cryptic
@ImaginaryVillain It's kind of funny that as I've always heard people say "oh well I have __ hours on ___ so I'm better than you!" although most of the time it just means people haven't bothered to close it in the background :rhappy:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
That's pretty much the meme, nobody works on their game. Most people also never actually release anything. Haven't really encountered many people who think they are better because they spent longer with it though. Usually they just lament never finishing anything. :LZSwink:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Unpopular opinion: I always consider my players as my guinea pig for my experiment (my game) :p
Error brain.exe is not responding. Shutdown and run pillow.exe and bed.exe instead?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr