RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Save events plugin?
LVGames
LVGames
"After leaving and returning to the map, the event will be reloaded onto
its last saved position in addition to the direction it was facing." Yanfly quote.
That's the important part for me. :D
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Oh, I just spawn everything in using Galv's Event Spawner and tell it to remember locations. Yanfly's Event Spawner has the same feature. My maps are totally blank, literally not an event on any of the 3 maps that I cycle for the videos I put up. But I replaced the Menu with a map designed to look like a menu so I do still use the event remember function.
LVGames
LVGames
Oh nice Galv's Event Spawner I will test that one out. Thanks for sharing.
I wouldnt think your maps would be blank with all that action that is going on in your videos.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
It's all randomly generated. The only reason I have 3 area maps is because MV doesn't properly clear the memory space attached to map if I simply spawn everything again on the same map. So one of the many things I've done to optimized is to randomize which of the 3 maps you end up at. But yeah, what you're seeing in my last video is a blank 50x50 map with scroll on.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I think I should make a video of it running and scroll through the 9 maps my game has, 2 are for YouTube intros/outros.... But I really get the feeling people don't believe my maps are randomly generated. Never mind the previous video of me running on a map in any direction for 4 minutes with it changing right before their eyes. :kaoswt:
LVGames
LVGames
Most of took months of coding to get that done!.
That would be an interesting Youtube video :kaojoy:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I believe I started last May/June with my first randomized room. Been obsessed ever since then. I don't think the code is super complicated. Probably a 3-4 thousand lines of code across 4 plugins I made, and in game events/common events. That and I utilized 14 other plugins I didn't make. ..Okay maybe it is complicated. :kaoswt: Next video I'll show my workspace and it running.
LVGames
LVGames
Yeah it dose seem complicated but if it was easy then everyone would be doing the randomly generated RPG Games.
:XP03:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Some of the people on the forums are doing them, though many of us are the type to lord our secrets over the others. Pretty much like a bunch of jealous old mages hiding super cool spells from each other :LZSexcite:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michye