RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Make your ending map? Then just keep adding stuff in between it and your starting map as you think of it. :LZSexcite:
Reactions: l8rose
l8rose
l8rose
I have that one made... mostly. Just can't figure out what else to add between the two. =P
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Depending on the length of the game, you could have your heroes fight the antagonist's underlings. I mean let's be real here... What self respecting powerful villain immediately goes out and squishes everybody who ever picked up a sword? There's also the trope about needing something special to defeat the boss so you have to sour the world for it.
l8rose
l8rose
There are those but it's more narrative driven which I think is my problem. First time trying that and probably gonna be the last.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
That's fair. Originally I made the mistake of writing a lot of story before actually building the game. Then I built some of the game, and end up throwing out what I had written since it no longer fit. Then I made the mistake again. Built better gameplay, and threw out the writing. Now I just prefer to build the gameplay first, and the story second. Once I know what I'm actually writing for, it will be easy to write.
l8rose
l8rose
I do a mix. I get the basic idea then do a map and then write some of the dialog, expand on the idea and then back to making a map. And so on.
This time around, I made most of the maps as I know what setting I wanted and the general idea but after doing the opening scenes, my brain just decided it needed a vacation. Normally, I don't write linearly anyway but can't even get the brain capacity for that.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Doh, maybe work on battles instead? Or write pointless NPC dialogue? :LZSexcite:
l8rose
l8rose
Pointless dialogue might work... actually, that does give me an idea. Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

me: “I’m gonna take a break from game making.”
*five hours later*
me: yeah okay fine I needed to redo that map. Sure.
The OFFICIAL RPG Maker Discord Server is Here | RPG Maker News #116

And the time has come for me to enjoy a good cup of hot cocoa before I sleep... Strangely, that actually helps.
If I ever need to stay up late working on projects, I always get tired. Do you guys think I should try G-Fuel to keep me up and focused at night? And if so, what flavor is best?
I do tend to be quite a night owl.
"Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Same as it... EVER was."
Ugh. This update is taking so long that I'm starting to run out of topics for the weekly blogs that I was making to make up for the fact that it was taking so long to begin with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raffa2k