RPG Maker Forums

Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Try microsoft's OneDrive
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Google Drive's also an option, you already have one if you have a Gmail.
ozubon
ozubon
Stay out of big biz selling peoples information imo

sync.com is just as good if not better than onedrive and google drive, highly recommend it.
Kuro DCupu
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
And here I'm still using dropbox
Windows i7
Windows i7
@ozubon That is mainly if you're not paying for the service. One of the advatages of big cloud companies is they are less likely to suddenly disappear. Also read TOS and privacy policies if you are that concerned.

That said, for paid options in regards to cloud/web services my go to is OVH. Other good hosts do exist too ofc. Personally I plan to set up my own server at some point.
ozubon
ozubon
@Windows i7 I've read those. Google and Microsoft are both very upfront in their privacy terms that they collect usage data, even for paid products.
ozubon
ozubon
I just think it's a dystopic problem in society with the productification of civillians, that's my opinion anyway. I don't think "you're paying with your personal data because it's free" is a good argument. Then the offer shouldn't be "this much for free also read the terms" but "sell your data to pay for our services" But that's digressing because Google and Microsoft do it even for paid products.
ozubon
ozubon
Besides these big corporations are absolutely no guarantee their service doesn't just dissapear one day. Google have taken down many popular services over the years, relatively sudden when they do. Onedrive a few years ago decreased their free user space, giving people only a month to prioritize what they needed to keep.
ozubon
ozubon
Stable smaller companies can to be honest be more trustworthy a lot of times because they can't screw large portions of their userbase without losing a lot of revenue. That's not the case with Google for example.

Sorry for the frickin quadrapost, 420 character limit on status posts :kaoswt2:
Willibab
Willibab
Thanks for all the suggestions, had forgotten many of those even existed :) I think ill upload them on a few of them now, got abit paranoid about the services shutting down. Think i recall that happening once but dont recall the name of the site...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Huh... Seems MZ got a update on Steam to version 1.2. Here's to hoping Effekseer's version upgrade and memory hole fix with this makes it not er... so crippling to frame rates. :LZSexcite:
I once thought about a boss gauntled game. I actually did it.
Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Feel free to drop by!
Snippet from a game I'm working on. Not much happening here. Mostly look at atmosphere. May upload a longer version. Still need to make up some enemy arts.
Been slightly struggling with developing the latest chapter, I think I will downscale my ambitions and make it more linear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emythystvial