RPG Maker Forums

Kupotepo
Kupotepo
That is true. I see some people in the game making just literally copy and paste of religion passages into their story and call it new original. At least, cover their track and claim to not relate to real world reference. After all, Michelangelo teach us about the Doctrine of Imitation. You will pay more.
Diretooth
Diretooth
It's called the Public Domain. Anything that is within the Public Domain can be used for fun and profit as one sees fit, so long as they do not claim that property as their own. If I recall correctly. There may be a bit more nuance to it.
I don't know if you can own the rights to a specific portrayal of, say, Dracula, but you do own the rights to an original work that happens to contain literal Dracula.
Diretooth
Diretooth
Handy guide for creators.
ozubon
ozubon
I read that as "hundreds of thousands years old" and I was like whoa that would be so cool.
Writing has only existed for less than 3% of the history of homo sapiens, imagine how incomprihensibly many stories and myths that have existed over the 200 000 years homo sapiens have existed that are just lost to time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Progress on one of my projects has been slow, but I'm at a spot now where I feel like sharing the four main characters.

From left to right we have: Amabel, Tibby, Dusty, and Wren.

tibbyrpgcast.jpg
I'm in a much better mood about my game than I was 2-3 days ago. I keep switching between sideview and front because of the amount of assets needed for side (I'm drawing it all myself)... but I've decided to stick with front, for my own sanity. sidenote... people, planning is important. I've spent so long on just getting my game's ideas off the ground because I didn't plan ahead.
unknown.png

"Fight me."
I'll finally wash my clothes today!
SA46ATTACK.gif :kaojoy:New Arab character in action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildsky