RPG Maker Forums

TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Ultimately, both are reading. I don't get your point.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
Im seeing this being directed at the kind of people that think they dont need tutorials and can "figure it out" on their own, then complain when they cant figure something out that the game didnt teach them well enough.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Same folk that will stand in the fire and complain it's hot xD
Kuro DCupu
Kuro DCupu
Cause people will always judge book by its cover.
"This game is an RPG. I play lots of RPG. This will be just like that other game. I don't need any more tutorial."
bgillisp
bgillisp
My favorite: Skips all the text then complains they don't know where to go now.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
For skipping text, I really appreciate when if I lost focus for whatever reason but the game still has a reminder on where I should go either by quest log, map marker, or simply displaying the reminder as hud.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I don't like intrusive tutorials (the kind that pop up and force you to do stuff before it lets you continue), and I also dislike things being too cryptic. I feel there's room for a happy medium. :)
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
I don't mind intrusive tutorials as long as it short. Sometimes a challenge should be imposed so that you know how things work. "Kill these enemies using a tutorial I just taught you".

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Unpopular opinion: I always consider my players as my guinea pig for my experiment (my game) :p
Error brain.exe is not responding. Shutdown and run pillow.exe and bed.exe instead?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr