RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
Server problems seem to be a frequent issue with this game, apparently. Their other games, those Van Helsing ARPGs, aren't always online, so why is this one? Well, that's £20 down the drain. Moving on.
MrKiwi
MrKiwi
Need a hug? :c (Although I don't have arms...)

Are always online singleplayer games still out there? ._.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Never hugged a kiwi before. ^.^
The Stranger
The Stranger
Yeah, they're still out there. Usually built upon shaky foundations, and propped up by nonsensical justifications. All of Blizzard's games seem to be always online nowadays, regardless of whether you play multiplayer or not. As much as they like to claim it's about community and events, what it's really about is DRM and control.
Reactions: Dalph
MrKiwi
MrKiwi
How awful, even EA learn its lesson after Spore and SimCity. Can't believe its still a thing... what's the point if you´re not playing with anyone else because its not a game feature, its damn singleplayer! I just remembered that you can lag in singleplayer minecraft.
The Stranger
The Stranger
There is no point. The whole changing ARPG seasons and what not can be done in offline singleplayer games, too. It doesn't require a game to always be online; they can use updates to accomplish this without pissing off the players.
The Stranger
The Stranger
If you don't have a good enough infratsructure to support an always online game, then don't make your game always online, it's as simple as that. Otherwise, customers end up wasting money on something they're rarely, if ever, able to play.
bgillisp
bgillisp
There's a reason the only always online games I've played are free to play, like StarCraft (And yes, StarCraft is free to play on battle.net now). I've refused to touch Heroes VI or VII due to the always online component of those games, even for single player.
The Stranger
The Stranger
FInally got to play the game. It's okay. Loads of bugs and graphical glitches, and the server is insanely unstable; disconnected another two times. To be honest, I'm glad I got it in a sale.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Currently without internet due to storm damage and most of our state is devastated. No idea how long I'll be unable to log onto here, but I'll answer questions as soon as I can.
This is supposed to be pso2 photon blast inspired animation
I'm sure this question's been asked before, but I can't find an answer: is there any way to run the Steam version of RPGMaker *without* being logged into Steam? It's a frustrating extra step sometimes.
Been seeing bright flashes in the sky for a while, and thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me. Nope! Lightning. Now it's raining heavily. Seeing lightning, but not hearing thunder, is weird.
Small Update for myself:
>Two Dungeon maps are done, Dungeon 3 is in progress. Dungeon 4 needs work.
>4 characters set up out of a possible 6 but those come later.
>Hub area needs work.
>Game completion..., 20-25% maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakobwolf