RPG Maker Forums

Wavelength
Wavelength
I would personally LOVE this (especially for MMOs), but it's just too much artistic work for most indie devs, and also the "Kit of Parts" approach might make characters look janky instead of coherent.
MrKiwi
MrKiwi
I wanna be a white mage with heavy armor and blue laser guns. But I'll be fine if atleast I can change the colors... I don't know others, but when a game allows me to customize my characters look I spent lots of time dressing them rather than playing the actual game...
Mystic_Enigma
Mystic_Enigma
I also love dressing up the way I like, while keeping the functionality of my equipment. I want to kick as much kiester in lovely robes as I would in heavy armor plates!
SpaceBot
SpaceBot
I would really enjoy that as well. It would definitely add more uniqueness. I get pretty bored when everyone has the same looking gear lol
The Stranger
The Stranger
I got annoyed playing FFXIV, because healers, and mages in general, seem to only be allowed to wear robes. Not only that, but the devs only allow you to transmog\glamour your robes to look like other robes or coats. Just annoyed me. oh, and healing gear is always white. >.<
The Stranger
The Stranger
I managed to get an outfit I really liked in the end, but it's still not exactly what I wanted. I mean, you can't even use gear from other classes as glamours\transmogs, despite them using the same types of armour or weapons as you. Just loads of weird restrictions.
hinola
hinola
In the elder scrolls online, you can customize apparence, but still stay in the theme of the game.
You can also have casual outfit

And you can chose the armor you want for your character, in the appareance, and in the gameplay. Heavy armored mage ? Why not ?
Oh and you can dye your armors and weapons

It's really nice, as long as you don't like the korean way with a few pieces of fabric for armor
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I think that's more about encouraging the grind. Why would you replay as different classes if you could play your favorite with any gear you wanted? If you aren't playing as different classes, what's keeping you subscribed? A microcosm of why I don't like playing mmo, give me a moddable single player game any day, then you can truly be anything you want to be at any time, and change the game on it's head on a whim.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
(just be careful googling mods, because there is always a dark side to complete player freedom, and if you stumble across the wrong website one night well...you can't ever unsee what you see there, and it will absolutely wreak your faith in humanity if you have any.)
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Philosophus Vagus You mean like the nude and other questionable mods for Skyrim? lol. Saying that, I don't mind full on nudity in games. I mean, it works in Conan Exiles, but I guess that's because it makes sense to a degree.
Reactions: Dalph
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@The Stranger haha no. I'm talking stuff so depraved that the Nexus would never allow you to host it there. The nudity and bikini armors are bad enough (especially when you are trying to find armor that isn't) but that's nothing compared to some of the weird, painfully detailed fetish **** is out there.
Finnuval
Finnuval
I second that as well xD In an mmo I'd always wear that tier 1 unassuming peasant outfit - or so it would seem - until you start aa fight and turns out that lv1 pants is actually heavy steel platte lol
The Stranger
The Stranger
I made my FFXIV character look sorta like a sexy\bad ass cowgirl, wielding a gunblade, and riding Cloud's motorbike. lol. It looks great when I'm tanking as a gunbreaker. I also have a similar outfit for her when I'm healing as a white mage and astrologer, but I hate the staff stance for white mages; just looks so stiff.
Riazey
Riazey
Yeeeeeesssssss. It's become such a popular thing lately even monster hunter added it in~
I still wish ffxiv would let you glamour stuff that was from other classes, not ALL of it but a lot of it DOES work okay wiht the models. :kaopride:
The Stranger
The Stranger
I just like giving my characters nice outfits. lol. I hate that characters in MMOs often have such ugly, mismatched clothing; like a bright green top, a yellow helmet with horns, and some weird mail shorts. Maybe it's just because I like to create characters with imagined backgrounds and personalities. lol.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
All I know is, if my character can't be the prettiest murder princess, they made their game wrong. :LZSwink:
The Stranger
The Stranger
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
We used to joke in Guild Wars 2 World Vs World matches, the prettiest princess is the last one standing over the bodies of the other fallen princesses. Literally everybody was playing a hot chick, they would die by the hundreds, but everybody had the nicest/sexiest outfits. The only way to solve the fashion grudge match is to the death! Murder Princess style! :LZSexcite:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Currently without internet due to storm damage and most of our state is devastated. No idea how long I'll be unable to log onto here, but I'll answer questions as soon as I can.
This is supposed to be pso2 photon blast inspired animation
I'm sure this question's been asked before, but I can't find an answer: is there any way to run the Steam version of RPGMaker *without* being logged into Steam? It's a frustrating extra step sometimes.
Been seeing bright flashes in the sky for a while, and thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me. Nope! Lightning. Now it's raining heavily. Seeing lightning, but not hearing thunder, is weird.
Small Update for myself:
>Two Dungeon maps are done, Dungeon 3 is in progress. Dungeon 4 needs work.
>4 characters set up out of a possible 6 but those come later.
>Hub area needs work.
>Game completion..., 20-25% maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakobwolf