RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
We like our new words, even if they're nonsensical or rarely used. :p
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
It's an oxymoron but then again it really isn't. "secular religion" would apply primarily to moralistic ideologues who draw their "authority" from something other than a theistic entity. I'd give examples of said groups but religions that draw their moral authority by other means are strictly political, as is calling them a religion. Just so, that's the type of thing "secular religion" would apply to.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
People whose ideological underpinnings fall into all of the trappings of an organized religion, such as having an original sin concept, a form of indulgences and contrition that they seek to impose, but who aren't religious in a theistic sense despite espousing every other hallmark of a traditional religious dogma in spite of that lack of theism within their beliefs.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Philosophus Vagus, thank you for your explanation. I think it is an oxymoron for people to just find out the word, but later people might think differently. I agree with you on that.:smile:
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Philosophus Vagus, it is mean organization that get power from collective ideation, correct?
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
More or less.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Philosophus Vagus, I cannot be a specific or I will surely get trouble here; the cult of personality or ideology. You are my friend or my enemy attitude. Am I correct?
The Stranger
The Stranger
Kinda like personality cults and the state\political party is always right. These things tend to have rigid beliefs and a dogma which people follow as if it were the word of God. If you criticise it or simply don't adhere to this dogma, you're part of the problem, the enemy, regardless of your actual beliefs. Well, I'm guessing it's like that.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
That is a succinct way to generalize it so as not to break any rules. You know, kupotepo, there are times I think you do that on purpose, play into the second language choppiness paradigm to get away with insinuating things that I'd get into trouble for saying with my clear-spoken directness.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
And if I'm wrong, well, you've clearly got a thirst for knowledge and expanding your horizons at the very least, which I've merely mistaken for shrewd dissemination. So my compliments regardless, I always enjoy your input here.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When you are trying to make progress in your game. But something is stopping your motivation. Like come on mind! Let me do what I want! :<
Tfw everyone is trying their hardest to brainstorm about unique ideas and game mechanics, here I am just going: "How am I gonna event conversations with busts" everyday. :kaoswt2:
Comedy is third person, tragedy is first person.
Man. A historic 130 year old church nearby had all of its windows broken out with bricks last night. Such a shame, it wasn't generic stained glass patterns either but had beautifully crafted murals depicting various parts of the gospels.
The Steam Summer Sale's been treating me nicely. Now if only game sales were always this good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DifficultyError