RPG Maker Forums

Willibab
Willibab
Im for whatever they have to add for SRD to want to work with it, his plugins makes everything so much easier for me xD
Redeye
Redeye
I dont get why so many people are asking for C#. Javascript is perfect as it is. Nothing needs to be changed. On top of that, I really dont want to learn it just to better understand a new maker, especially after attempting to learn the basics from one of the most boring and soul-draining professors on the face of the earth.
Chaos17
Chaos17
Probably because it's what usually coders learn first if they don't want to work in the web industry. But I've read that the moment you can code in C#, you will be able to read and understand every coding language since it's the origin of all sub language.
BurningOrca
BurningOrca
@Chaos17 No it is not the origin of all sub languages. In fact C# took feature from C++, added new feature on top of it, but also took some features (e.g. multiple inheritance) away. But a lot of languages including Java and Javascript use the same syntax as the C-Style languages. You will understand a lot, but probably still not all other languages.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
Wouldn't that just make the engine harder to learn?
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
C# is incredibly popular. It's only natural for people to ask for it. I thank Unity for that.
pasunna
pasunna
just praying don't go C#...
I don't want to learn a new languages again...
Restart
Restart
The engine should go full APL. It's very powerful - for example, this is how you implement Conway's Game of Life
Code:
life←{↑1 ⍵∨.∧3 4=+/,¯1 0 1∘.⊖¯1 0 1∘.⌽⊂⍵}
BurningOrca
BurningOrca
@Restart: I cannot read that at all.
@FleshToDust: I understand that. In my opinion it is just not suited for an RM Engine and I assume most people don't know that. I don't know about RGSS, but with Javascript MV was so customizable just due to the fact, that functions could be aliased and overwritten to extend them or completely change their behaviour.
BurningOrca
BurningOrca
@FleshToDust I don't know how this could be done in C#. I don't think it is possible and if it is I guess it is really complicated. I also assume with C# there will be a lot more plugin incompatabilities between those of different authors.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.
People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akaruki_you