RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
I'm hoping the newest expansion for WoW, Shadowlands, will solve the content bloat. They're squishing the level cap back down to 60, creatin a brand new starting zone for all new characters, and then jump new characters to the latest expansion upon completing said zone. I think veteran players can choose to play through old content, old starting areas, expansions, etc.
Reactions: Dalph
Dalph
Dalph
You did the right thing.
Sadly if you want the original version without all the issues, you have to either do that or download it illegally.
Blizzard encouraging piracy basically, and its so ironic, since they always tried to fight it (look at the always online crap they did with Diablo 3).
Dalph
Dalph
I have low hope from the trailer of Shadowlands but who knows...let's wait and see.
Dalph
Dalph
I think one day WoW will be free to play like many MMOs, Blizzard is simply trying to gain as much money as possible before taking that step. They will do it when a lot of players will start losing interest.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I think my main problem with WoW is that it no longer feels like Warcraft. It's long past the awesomeness of exploring the world of a fantasy rts. All of the characters from those games are dead, or most of them are at any rate. ALl of the stories are now finished. What's left?
The Stranger
The Stranger
It's now just another fantasy MMO at this point, totally unrelated to WC in all but name. I enjoy it more when I don't think of it was WC anymore. Oh, and the playerbase is even more toxic and anti-social than before. Seriously, I got insulted for asking a question during a dungeon. lol.
  • Haha
Dalph
Dalph
What made the series popular was the RTS genre, building your base and destroying the enemy one was the very essence of Warcraft.
Many old faces are in WoW but only as NPCs (Khadgar, Malfurion, Tyrande, Thrall, Rexxar, etc.).
It could have been a great game but I think they are starting to cashgrab on it too much now.
Dalph
Dalph
Sadly MMOs are often full of badly educated toxic brats, so be careful there. Then again the game is evolving and the brats have to evolve their cyberbullying too, lol.
Dalph
Dalph
I'm so critical towards WoW because I was a fan of the original trilogy and it breaks my heart to see what happened to the series nowdays.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Yeah, for me, it was awesome seeing these rts bases up close. There was just something about it. To be honest, the races and lore outside of that, at least for me, are kinda boring. They're far less creative and in-depth as the races in say FFXIV. and the setting histroy itself is even worse; just crap about old gods and titans now.
The Stranger
The Stranger
When I first played WoW way back when, I played as the Undead because, as is still true, I love the undead in all media. lol. I also liked the Scourge campaign in WC3. Now, however, the Forsaken are just some weird sciencey race.
The Stranger
The Stranger
They stopped feeling like the undead a long time ago, and are mostly just evil for the sake of being evil; their whole culture is based around mad science and creating ways to kill the living. Night Elves became tree huggers, and lost the Amazonian feel they had in WC3.
  • Haha
The Stranger
The Stranger
Remember when Death Knights were made available? I loved their starting area, fighting for the Lich King. Then you turn on him for no real reason, just because one of your commanders tells you to turn on him. I don't think I ever levelled a Death Knight up to level cap because I got bored once I was forced to join Alliance or Horde and go to Outland. lol. They need to get rid of the two party faction thing.
Dalph
Dalph
The Forsaken were an interesting concept but the idea didn't really skyrocket to its fullest potential. They weren't like the Scourge, aka a mindless horde of zombies with no intelligence and fully controlled by the Lich King, they had their own will and wanted to be free from the tiranny of the Lich King. That's what made them interesting to me, untill WoW happened...
The Stranger
The Stranger
Yeah. The concept of thinking zombies who try to find their place in the world, trying to live and to find their humanity is really interesting. However, they were just turned into whacky, mad scientists who seem to create only plagues and blights. They're not even free willed anymore, since they all swear blind loyalty to Sylvanas, and she outright executes any who try to leave.
The Stranger
The Stranger
So, what we have now is just an inferior Lich King. lol.
Willibab
Willibab
They used to be good at the big simple plots, but then they tried to be more clever....its not their thing :p
The Stranger
The Stranger
I think one of the writers must've fallen in love with A Game of Thrones, because they sure do love their attempts at political intrigue and shadowed machinations. Of course, they're not actually very good at writing about either of those things, and end up defaulting to 'Old Gods did it!' in nigh every plot.
The Stranger
The Stranger
That, or they truly believe that morally grey is someone being 99% evil and insane and 1% slightly remorseful. They should've just kept it as fantasy war stories. The stuff that is related to two factions killing one another is fun, but then they try to play armchair philosopher as well and it just sucks. Oh, and the old gods. Did I mention the old gods?
The Stranger
The Stranger
Next expansion takes place in the underworld\afterlife, which didn't even exist in the WC universe until recently. It's populated by blue angels, vampires, woodland elf\fairy things, and necromancers and undead; I'm really not sure how undead exist in the afterlife, but whatever.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We are giving away a copy of MZ today (thanks to Veno :D), tune in for a chance to win!!!
Making an RPG is a lot like playing an RPG.
'Okay, so the main quest is - OOOOHHHH, side quests and mini games!! <3'
Todays progress report: just a couple icon changes, but it makes a huge difference! :D
I just discovered there's a dark theme on here! :kaoluv:

(Click on "SWIFT" at the bottom of the page.)
Just a little light in standard RTP do magic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MisterG